• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jmiller123

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 7.45.56 PM.png

Does anyone own or have handled this oilcloth jacket? I'm wondering if it fits large similar to a barbour or it's more of a slimmer fit at your true size.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 2139449

Does anyone own or have handled this oilcloth jacket? I'm wondering if it fits large similar to a barbour or it's more of a slimmer fit at your true size.
Fit is like a sports coat. Sort of like a more generous version of the Barbour Beacon sport coat if you’re familiar with that one (which is actually pretty slim fit).

jmiller123

Reaction score
Fit is like a sports coat. Sort of like a more generous version of the Barbour Beacon sport coat if you’re familiar with that one (which is actually pretty slim fit).
Thanks! Unfortunately looking for something to layer so the hunt for a Barbour alternative continues.

kurdo

Reaction score
Not sure if you noticed but they have product measurements for a lot of items now on the US site. You need to use a browser to see them. No actual measurements for pants either.
Yep, noticed that. No measurements on the EU site (yet), so I have to remind myself to switch to US, copy the measurements there, and switch back to EU to order.

Hybris

Reaction score
Yes, got an email, but should be available to anyone. There's a tiny banner above the header **kickback special**. It should also be advertised on the frontpage.
Maybe because I was using my phone... when I googled it and followed the link, it showed and it worked. Thanks for making me order a wallet I really don´t need, but really want ;-)

kurdo

Reaction score
Maybe because I was using my phone... when I googled it and followed the link, it showed and it worked. Thanks for making me order a wallet I really don´t need, but really want ;-)
Don't order too many things you don't need or that wallet will be empty :tongue:

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Decided to create a Google reference sheet where I record type of clothing, brand, the brand's fit description, and the actual size I ended up getting. Will save me (and the store, the mailman, etc..) the hassle of returns in the future. Time to get organized.

Just take to an alteration tailor, go for 32 and shorten inseam sounds like better bet for you most of the time

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha, trick of the light I am sure, I am up 20 pounds in the last 10 years from good livin' lol. This one is a S from before they transformed into the "slim" fit Western shirt, which I am a solid M in.

I always thought all the western shirt are slim fit, guess got to be careful when I go on eBay hunt next time, any idea roughly when that happened?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcoPolos