• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hobojones

Reaction score
Ah, so it’s specific to these pants? I think they’re fairly popular. Yeah, I was thinking of hemming an inch and asking to use those scraps to reinforce.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I am also a big fan of Carthartt. I bought a dark blue duck/canvas winter coat for $85 in 1995. It is almost 30 years old and still going strong other than faded and some minor fraying at the under-sleeves and I have worn the living sh*t out of it. Best $ I have ever spent on an item of clothing I think. Just pointing it out...I'll shut up about it now...ha ha.
Ralph would change a premium for that fading and fraying.

Randelpink

Reaction score
LE blanket lined 16 oz denim (from 2015?) and WIP Car❤ from a couple years back. My winter/summer work duo

5677E988-6C5D-4B96-8B34-1BA4D406652C.jpeg 78AB37A9-F73E-4F19-878C-277C78C5179E.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, so it’s specific to these pants? I think they’re fairly popular. Yeah, I was thinking of hemming an inch and asking to use those scraps to reinforce.

I’ve had similar experiences with the HBT pants from RRL - premature ripping at the pockets and in the crotch. It’s always an easy/inexpensive fix but it’s still annoying given the price. I think it boils down to the material on these being sort of thin.

FWIW, I spent nearly 8 years on active duty in the Marine Corps and put my uniforms through a lot more abuse than anything I’ve thrown at my RRL military-inspired stuff and think I had maybe 3 failures of the materials in all that time.

I recently bought some military-inspired trousers from Bronson MFG for a fraction of the RRL prices and everything looks really nice and much more heavy duty in terms of materials. Sizing is definitely wonky though…

RamiJ

Reaction score
So, how do you trust the seller?
Believe it or not this is happening directly from RalphLauren.com. It’s a common scam. Someone orders an expensive RRL item and swaps out the tags with some other junk and returns it back to RalphLauren for a full refund and they keep the RRL piece. Then you order that returned item and they send you the old return without noticing the last person swapped it out. Happened to me on a $1600 mountain cardigan a few months back.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for those faded mauve carpenter pants, The Great Divide has some.
Ends up being slightly cheaper than US retail even with 10GBP shipping to US. No duty since under $800.

segg7

Reaction score
Can anyone please advise, are the RRL Bowery Deck Jacket and the Jungle Cloth Deck jacket the same thing? Obviously two different names but they look identical to me. Thanks in advance

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads