• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mrbig

Reaction score
Thank you! Seems like I'll be mulling over ordering. It's kind of a petrol blue shade to me and I'm not so sure I look good in that, but thanks for confirming that ordering XL is the way to go.

Kinda annoys me that the XL fits and measures like large used to, but they seem to make fewer XL's

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda annoys me that the XL fits and measures like large used to, but they seem to make fewer XL's

Agree. It is annoying and inconvenient when fits vary, aside from slim and regular versions. It keeps me from a lot of impulse shopping. I don't want the hassle of returns.

mrbig

Reaction score
Agree. It is annoying and inconvenient when fits vary, aside from slim and regular versions. It keeps me from a lot of impulse shopping. I don't want the hassle of returns.

It's forced me to buy multiple sizes and use PayPal refunded returns, but I end up spending more than the refund amount most of the time. Now I have to ask around, google for Japan-based resellers who post measurements or call a store... and hope those measurements are accurate. It's a shame the nearest place I can see or try any RRL is Tokyo :(

ozzyboo

Reaction score
As the wise philosopher Killer Mike once said, "Polo to the floor though, you already know doe." Brown/cream cardigan with some slim fit rigid. Also, something else arrived today. ..

View attachment 1102279 View attachment 1102280 View attachment 1102281 View attachment 1102282
I have that cafe racer jacket. The leather is soft but substantial and it fits like a glove. Love how the black fades to brown. Wearing it today with RRL rigid slim fits and RRL white button down oxford.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Legit wanted to find something wrong with it so I could return it because the initial shock of the price haha. It's perfect especially the fading parts.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that cafe racer jacket. The leather is soft but substantial and it fits like a glove. Love how the black fades to brown. Wearing it today with RRL rigid slim fits and RRL white button down oxford.

Today's fit. Jeans are RRL I can't remember the wash but I loves them. Top gitman vintage

20190111_095734.jpg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Skanstull

Reaction score
I'm looking at a pre-owned shirt, and the text in the listing says "Size Small / Medium (labelled as a size 3)"... should I read this as it is something from the Woman's collection? Or does RRL use 'size 3' for Men's clothing?

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the one

It's tea core properties are amazing in the photo at the RL site. Does the brown poke through as much IRL? Leather has so much depth in the factory pics. It looks generally black in your photo but it may be the flat lighting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads