• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noremactaht

Reaction score
My name is Cameron and I work at Ralph Lauren in Phoenix. We're hosting an event to launch the latest RRL collection, Big Sur. We'll also have on hand an assortment of vintage clothing and accessories. If you're in the Phoenix area, please stop by to have a beer and check it out.
RRL_EVENT.JPG

oynag

Reaction score
What is this Big Sur you speak of? I'm intrigued. Is that the theme of the fall collection? Something else? And welcome!

noremactaht

Reaction score
What is this Big Sur you speak of? I'm intrigued. Is that the theme of the fall collection? Something else? And welcome!

Thanks for the welcome!

Big Sur is the first fall collection that you saw a snippet of in the lookbook posted a few pages back. Inspired by the Pacific Northwest in the 1950s and 60s. Really cool collection.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Grabbed the baseball jacket from west broadway the other day. awesome lightweight jacket for summer. Also pictured a RRL logo tee and studio d'artisan deck crew jeans

Untitled.jpg

McSp

Reaction score
I know that they do Private Sales in the Paris RRL store (floor) as well. Usually one week or so before the public sale begins.
Thanks to your tip I know that is true, there is an ongoing pre-sale in Paris and on the website but only for "special guest" who received the email notification. I asked the custom service to push me in but no way. I've to wait the public sale. I'm curious to know how to be part of RL "crème de la crème"....

pvoytko

Reaction score
willing to trade these selvedge slim narrow 34/34s for a size large top, or sell outright for 80 shipped usa

slimnarrow.jpg

JiiPee

Reaction score
Thanks to your tip I know that is true, there is an ongoing pre-sale in Paris and on the website but only for "special guest" who received the email notification. I asked the custom service to push me in but no way. I've to wait the public sale. I'm curious to know how to be part of RL "crème de la crème"....

Keep spending and chatting with the crew. It's been over a year for me now since my last visit but I used to be a regular. There was at least Gauthier and Alexandre who are really good lads and eager to help with mail orders and such. I never got the invitations either but occasionally got the pre-sale treatment at the shop.

fwedo

Reaction score

I am and this is just because I spend a lot (on RRL and mostly PL) every years since a long time. You don't have email notification but a blue postcard, receveid from London, with a personal code for internet. I think this status is updated every year, like frequent flyers programs (but I am not sure of that). Depending on your status, you can also have access to beautiful private events.

Pre-sale are ended since Tuesday (a lot of -30% items this year...usually it's more -50%. I think this is a part of their new strategy, not to make too big reductions too quickly). Sales begins 28th june in Paris and online in France.

Last edited:

fwedo

Reaction score
There was at least Gauthier and Alexandre who are really good lads and eager to help with mail orders and such. I never got the invitations either but occasionally got the pre-sale treatment at the shop.

Alex is always very helpful. Gauthier is not here since September (too bad, he has an impressive knowledge on vintage and history of clothing) but the new chap is really cool !

oceansaway

Reaction score
Big Sur is the first fall collection that you saw a snippet of in the lookbook posted a few pages back. Inspired by the Pacific Northwest in the 1950s and 60s. Really cool collection.

Ok, but Big Sur is not in the Pacific NW; it's in central coastal California.

McSp

Reaction score
I am and this is just because I spend a lot (on RRL and mostly PL) every years since a long time. You don't have email notification but a blue postcard, receveid from London, with a personal code for internet. I think this status is updated every year, like frequent flyers programs (but I am not sure of that). Depending on your status, you can also have access to beautiful private events.

Pre-sale are ended since Tuesday (a lot of -30% items this year...usually it's more -50%. I think this is a part of their new strategy, not to make too big reductions too quickly). Sales begins 28th june in Paris and online in France.
Thanks for the useful info! From 28th June on I'll keep an eye on the webstore!

McSp

Reaction score
Alex is always very helpful. Gauthier is not here since September (too bad, he has an impressive knowledge on vintage and history of clothing) but the new chap is really cool !
I'm in touch with a kind guy but not so constant in taking care of customers... Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to deal with Alex.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads