• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

srgprod

Reaction score
FYI: Got this email from the guys at the RRL Melrose store...

We are having a party here at the Melrose shop next Saturday, the 12th of Feb. Come down and check out the new collection, Bonnie and Clyde, while enjoying some tasty refreshments. Our parties are cool.

We're also getting in six new styles of our hand-made RRL boots. These things are in high demand and, if you've seen the others we've done, you know they're the real deal. Here's a little breakdown of what we're getting:

1. Bowery Boot in Black Cherry
2. Ridgeway Roper Boot (light brown western style)
3. Summit Hiking Boot (medium brown lace-to-toe)
4. Congress Gaiter Boot (black slip-on)
5. Canyon Boot (light brown moc-toe lace up)
6. Brown Engineer boot

We're looking to have all of these in the shop in time for the party. I hope you can make it.

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
Anyone been to melrose lately? Is there any stuff on sale?

Everything from FW10 has been on sale since early Jan and most of the good pieces are gone by now. Probably won't find anything decent at RRL stores as they have been picked over already. Only chance is probably polo/RL stores at this point unless you want the heavily produced pieces such as flannels

ffatt

Reaction score
Id be interested in some flannels and some oxfords (which I have been desperately searching for). Have any of you come across any RRL green striped oxford. I have only seen variations in pink, grey, blue etc.

On that note anybody doing proxies currently?

theRRshop

Reaction score
NOW CLOSED:

Ralph Lauren
Copley Place
100 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

They used to carry some RRL.

-

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a few items on sale today at an RL store.

Got a blue striped utility shirt from Lighthouse that has some nice details, including ventilation holes, double pockets, and tab collar.

Got the green cotton hoodie from Icon .

And best of all, got a pair of utility pants from Outlaw. These are kind of like painter's pants with the RRL western cut (kind of a boot cut). They are stained and really stiff. Does not feel like denim to me, but the tag says "sanforized", so maybe similar material? I expect these to break in nicely. Really love these and was lucky they had one pair left and in my size.

I dropped some serious coin (also got two pair of flannel wool Dalton pants from the Polo line), but got some big discounts from retail. I really feel like I lucked out.

No selvedge officer chinos there yet.

BTW, I'm curious as to how much the SAs make in commissions. The SA I dealt with today was terrific. Do they make a good percentage on sales?

el duderino

Reaction score
I know there were some dudes here who were wondering about the fabric of the new selvage chinos. It looks like they are a new run of fabric and not the same as the past. I believe the original LE ones and the Orchard St pair (pictured on bottom) were made out of deadstock fabric.

I was told the Orchard St pair used the same fabric as the LE chinos, no marking on the selvage and they were really stiff. The new ones are a darker shade not really stiff. It's hard to photograph since the fabric reflects light easily, but just look at a piece of cardboard and imagine a darker shade.

And again, these are now part of Icon Core, so should be available all year round now.

IMG_0157.jpg

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ those look nice.. any idea what the leg opening is and if they are 'slim fit'? tia

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
^ those look nice.. any idea what the leg opening is and if they are 'slim fit'? tia

My pair are 30 waist and the leg opening is the standard 8" opening. They are fitted in the seat and thighs and then a straight fit from the knee down. I don't have massive thighs and if I pull on the fabric on the front thighs, I probably can pinch a half inch of fabric. Oh yeah, the come in sized inseams as well.

The only other chino fit with RRL is their regulation ones which are almost a straight fit throughout the thigh/legs with an leg opening close to 9" and loose in the seat, so this is the slimmest cut from their standard models.

If for some reason you want a skinnier fit than that, there is a distressed pair for Grand Canyon that tapers to about 7.5", but retail is $290 and it's made of bedford twill.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those of you who frequent nyc, which place has the best selection of RRL?

i know theres like two RRL stores and two polo rl stores that carry RRL according to the first page of this thread, unless its old info. just wanna hit one place if possible

cork grips

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Slightly off topic, but I saw something very similar to these in a mainline RL store from Polo. Not all the details, but similar back pockets and over all look. And the tag looked very similar to the RRL tag shown in these pictures - almost like they are trying to do a mainline Polo version of RRL. None in my size, but the SA is calling around for me - also on sale.

i picked up a pair of these from the philadelphia polo store, the only differences between them and the RRL pants pictured previously is the absence of the waist tabs and the replacement of metal buttons with wood buttons- which i actually quite prefer.. i was almost sure they were RRL pants until i noticed the tiny 'Polo Sportsman' tag above the back right pocket. all in all, a pretty good pickup for $50
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads