• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

mistrfluffy

Reaction score
Barney’s is selling the fw2017 sneakerboots and im kinda leaning toward copping them cause i have a Barneys card but does anyone know if this white dot is part of the design or just a photography screwup

C65B6F49-FC56-4816-A2DC-C0F273DA1203.png

mistrfluffy

Reaction score
Sorry for spamming but I got a fit question; at 6’1, 189lbs, kind of wide shoulders skinny arms can I fit a mollino, stooges or intarsia at 50 or 52? I am planning to go to NYC in October for my birthday vut now I’m getting antsy and almost feeling like rolling the dice online and going through return/exchange bs.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The NYC store can be a bit intimidating when you first walk in, but the salespeople are very helpful and friendly.

Agreed - the SA's at all the Rick Owens stores I've been to (NY, LA, and overseas) have been extremely helpful/friendly without being overbearing, which I really like. Reminds me of the employees at Hot Topic.

Why am I in Hot Topic? shut up

mistrfluffy

Reaction score
Agreed - the SA's at all the Rick Owens stores I've been to (NY, LA, and overseas) have been extremely helpful/friendly without being overbearing, which I really like. Reminds me of the employees at Hot Topic.

Why am I in Hot Topic? shut up

I want to go just to see all the Rick pieces in person that I usually look at on my phone. And of course to cop.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
How do you guys style the Astaires Long in terms of shoes? I'm having a hard time finding the right shoes to wear with them and would be grateful for any thoughts, fit pics, etc.

I got them and they fit well, but I've tried them on a few times and can't seem to get the right look. Considering selling them if I can't figure it out!

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don’t sell them. The Astaire trousers are great and, in my view, one of the RO pieces you can mix and match with other designers (I know there are those who disagree). Most RO boots and sneakers can work with the Astaires. Otherwise, black derbies from Raf or Ann D work as well.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
Don’t sell them. The Astaire trousers are great and, in my view, one of the RO pieces you can mix and match with other designers (I know there are those who disagree). Most RO boots and sneakers can work with the Astaires. Otherwise, black derbies from Raf or Ann D work as well.

It's funny, I have a pair of Pods shorts that are one of my favorite items of clothing-- I could wear them every day. I'd say those are the most versatile RO item besides my 2 jackets (flight bomber and Bullet). I think I just made a mistake on these Astaires. I listed 'em here, on Grailed, and on eBay, hoping someone will get good use of out them. They're so nicely made.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed on pods, i just got another pair of wool ones, Id like to wear in winter/fall, does anyone layer them over tights or anything?

WDS21478_1_enlarged.jpg

Is 280 a decent price for 2nd hand scuba socs? Anything to be aware of with these? Im considering selling sz46 geos to switch to these, my geos are just too huge and challenging at 46. Would cropped trousers/prisoners work well here?

Last edited:

mistrfluffy

Reaction score
It's funny, I have a pair of Pods shorts that are one of my favorite items of clothing-- I could wear them every day. I'd say those are the most versatile RO item besides my 2 jackets (flight bomber and Bullet). I think I just made a mistake on these Astaires. I listed 'em here, on Grailed, and on eBay, hoping someone will get good use of out them. They're so nicely made.
Agreed on pods, i just got another pair of wool ones, Id like to wear in winter/fall, does anyone layer them over tights or anything?

WDS21478_1_enlarged.jpg

Is 280 a decent price for 2nd hand scuba socs? Anything to be aware of with these? Im considering selling sz46 geos to switch to these, my geos are just too huge and challenging at 46. Would cropped trousers/prisoners work well here?
I am getting socks and pods next week and am planning the tights look with them

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member