• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

eqqy

Reaction score
Yea, that's the one I had! Seems to have been taken down unfortunately.
That's odd, I can still access it. I think dude that was maintaining it lost all his photos and gave up, but what's there should still be there. Maybe you gotta log in?

BLOODYSW3D3

Reaction score
I'm planning on buying the mastodon pros, but am really confused about which size i should pick.

I wear a 44.5 in Geos and a 45 in Ramones.

Should i go for a 46/US 11.5 or a 45 2/3/US 11? I have heard that rickdidas and adidas collabs in general "tend" to run big, but am not quite sure how to interpret that information.

eqqy

Reaction score

I'm planning on buying the mastodon pros, but am really confused about which size i should pick.

I wear a 44.5 in Geos and a 45 in Ramones.

Should i go for a 46/US 11.5 or a 45 2/3/US 11? I have heard that rickdidas and adidas collabs in general "tend" to run big, but am not quite sure how to interpret that information.

Mastopros run a half size small to the US size. Some people get away with TTS but I had to size up. Rickdidas EU sizing is actually FR and best to ignore.

You want either 12US or 12.5US. I'm 45EU in most mainline shoes and went with 12.5US in Mastopros.

theonepantless

Reaction score
I am looking into picking up a pair of RO Pod shorts and had a few questions. The two pairs I am considering are both mainline. One is Cyclops S/S 16 and the other is Sphinx F/W 15. Both are 100% cotton I believe. Is there any difference between the two? Which would you guys recommend I go with should price and condition be the same.
Also in regards to sizing, I am a 31/32 waist size in jeans, should I go with a size 46 or 48?

eqqy

Reaction score
I am looking into picking up a pair of RO Pod shorts and had a few questions. The two pairs I am considering are both mainline. One is Cyclops S/S 16 and the other is Sphinx F/W 15. Both are 100% cotton I believe. Is there any difference between the two? Which would you guys recommend I go with should price and condition be the same.
Also in regards to sizing, I am a 31/32 waist size in jeans, should I go with a size 46 or 48?
Really need the product code to be able to tell the difference, the last letter or two will be the fabric code. Probably size 48.

theonepantless

Reaction score
Really need the product code to be able to tell the difference, the last letter or two will be the fabric code. Probably size 48.
The product code for the S/S 16 Pods is RU16S3384-V. What can you tell me regarding what the pants are made out of. I am fairly certain this pair is not 100% cotton.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Do you guys take the same size in mainline ramones boats as regular ramones? Wondering how much slip there is without an ankle portion and maybe going down 1/2 size. Never seen them in person unfortunately. Also just to confirm, the cap toes are also leather right? Mr Porter describes the caps as rubber :/

eqqy

Reaction score
The product code for the S/S 16 Pods is RU16S3384-V. What can you tell me regarding what the pants are made out of. I am fairly certain this pair is not 100% cotton.

Only mention of /V in the fabric guide is a viscose/silk velour. I would pass if that's the case, velour and velvet not great for pods. I'm not 100% as I can't find that exact product and Rick is known to reuse fabric codes.

axroox

Reaction score
Does anyone have any comments/feedback on goat leather jackets in relation to heavy calf? I'm trying to decide whether to pick up a current season Intarsia, or hold out for heavy calf..

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spring summer leather are rarely worth buying but the goat is nice

AB77

Reaction score
I never own polyester RO pants, I noticed there's quite a few poly this season. They are surprisingly more expensive than the cotton ones.

Are they worth it? What's they like, more drapey? I always have this notion that poly is more cheaper material.

curiouscharles

Reaction score

you sure they're not B? [it does just happen to be right next to V on the keyboard, could be a typo by the seller]

those are the insanely awesome cotton twill/canvas ones from ss16 [and are the apogee of Rick spring cotton].

don't remember a V code for SS16, but i could check my materials list later.

if it's indeed a velour fabric, do stay the fk away. [unless you're absolutely fabulous or something]

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads