• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Barcode

Reaction score
Can anybody say how these boots (the non creeper version) fit?
11159644QJ-Black-f5d7df8c-.jpeg

I'm between 41.5 and 42 in nikes/converse and the 42 Tricker's chelseas I have fit slightly loose. Should I go for a 41 or 42 for a snug fit?

Also, how does quality/durability of RO stack up to Ann D or Margiela when it comes to boots?

Edit: replaced the image since the new forum seems to have lost the old one.

Last edited:

ofdoom

Reaction score
I'd also like to know how the above shoes fit^
Size 43 in geos and ramones and 42 I am

oayl

Reaction score
Hey guys, im in thr market for a stooges jacket and am considering these two options on G.

One is from 2011 limo collection, in LV code leather size 50
The other is from ff15 sphynx , blistered lamb, size 48

Which is the better buy taking the leather in consideration. Also with the sizing, im 5'7 150lbs, what size would be better as well? Thanks for all thhe help

Yexu5y

Reaction score
hey guys, what kind of fabric is code MU? is there a fabric guide, or does anyone have the same kind of code and can share their experience? Thanks

settlefish

Reaction score
hi everybody. I recently bought some mastodons off grailed and they just came in the mail. they look good to me, but there are fakes of these around and would just like some assurance from those more knowledgeable than me in rick

http://imgur.com/a/O4iyW

hasan19

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have seen a pair of dunk island blood red on sale, size 9 (43) and from the looks of it basically worn once twice ( look brand new ). What do you guys think would be a reasonable value and what I should pay for them maximum? I know orlando bloom was spotted wearing a pair and they are no longer in stock in any sizes. If I could get any rough idea of what would be a reasonable price from you walking encyclopedias of rick owens knowledge I would be grateful. Thanks
island-dunk-trainer-p15446-38164_medium.jpg
island-dunk-trainer-p15446-38164_medium.jpg

hasan19

Reaction score
I would like to add they look amazing to me, and also the guy has stated that only worn a few times so they are basically brand new

Barcode

Reaction score
I had asked about sizing of the spiral boots right as the forum was frozen for the switch. And somebody had answered my question in a pm, but that message was lost once the switch was complete.

I think they said that previous seasons boots fit large, but this season's are TTS, but I'm not 100% sure. I forgot who the pm was from, but if you're reading this can you confirm about the size?

NGOStudio

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have seen a pair of dunk island blood red on sale, size 9 (43) and from the looks of it basically worn once twice ( look brand new ). What do you guys think would be a reasonable value and what I should pay for them maximum? I know orlando bloom was spotted wearing a pair and they are no longer in stock in any sizes. If I could get any rough idea of what would be a reasonable price from you walking encyclopedias of rick owens knowledge I would be grateful. Thanks
View attachment 135626 View attachment 135626

I'm not sure what price range you or the seller is expecting. But in my opinion, a used Rick should not cost you more than 40% retail value. Let's assume that dunk island is retailed at 1,200 USD, average sale price is around 500, you can expect to negotiate between 300-450 depending on condition and rarity. You should also consider the sellerand your urgency to have.

linhtrand

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just bought an astaire blazer and the arm sleeves are a little tight. Are there different cuts of the blazer where the arms are a bit bigger or is it something a tailor can possibly address?

NGOStudio

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just bought an astaire blazer and the arm sleeves are a little tight. Are there different cuts of the blazer where the arms are a bit bigger or is it something a tailor can possibly address?

Do you have a fit pic where you lift up borh arms? It's difficult to imagine but tailor might not be able to enlarge the sleeves without adding fabric or change the blazer's structure. Rick's pieces do not always work on muscular guys due to sim shoulders and sometimes sleeves.

AB77

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Its not just the sleeve but the high cut armhole that will make it tighter. Honestly if you have big arms, most Rick blazer probably won't work.

NGOStudio

Reaction score
Its not just the sleeve but the high cut armhole that will make it tighter. Honestly if you have big arms, most Rick blazer probably won't work.

Yeah, most of his clothes are not made for muscular guys, or short guys. It seems that he now produces clothes that will work for different body types, but you need to try on and check a lot before pulling the trigger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads