• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hey sinned, that would be awesome.

ive gotten a few measurements for the heavy lamb one - all variations but pretty close 74 and 74.5cm which is about 29inches.

do you find your stooge's sleeves to be too long?

yes sleeves are really long,

check http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/rick_owens/slim-fit-leather-biker-jacket/440843
under size & fit, pic below is from them

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rules Of Style From Rick Owens

I'm not good at subtlety. If you're not going to be discreet and quiet, then just go all the way and have the balls to shave off your eyebrows, bleach your hair, and put on some big bracelets.

Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead.

I've lived in Paris for six years, and I'm sorry to say that the Ugly American syndrome still exists. Sometimes you just want to say "Stop destroying the landscape with your outfit." Still, from a design standpoint, I'm tempted to redo the fanny pack. I look at it as a challenge—it's something to react against.

When a suit gets middle-of-the-road it kind of loses me—it has to be sharp and classic and almost forties.

Hair and shoes say it all. Everything in between is forgivable as long as you keep it simple. Trying to talk with your clothes is passive-aggressive.

There's something a little too chatterboxy about color. Right now I want black, for its sharpness and punctuation.

Jean-Michel Frank, the thirties interior and furniture designer, supposedly had 40 identical double-breasted gray flannel suits. He knew himself and is a wonderful example of restraint and extravagance.

I hate rings and bracelets on men. I'm not a fan of man bags, or girl bags either—or even sunglasses. I don't like fussy accessories. Isn't it more chic to be free? Every jacket I make has interior pockets big enough to store a book and a sandwich and a passport.

With layering, sometimes the more the better. When you layer a lot of black you're like a walking Louise Nevelson sculpture, and that's pretty attractive. Allowing yourself to be vulnerable is also one of the most attractive things you can do.

It's funny—whenever someone talks about rules, I just want to break them. I recoil from the whole idea of rules.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From SZ...

The World of Rick Owens

As part of the Masters campaign, Selfridges has collaborated with Master of the Elements, Rick Owens, to launch ‘The World of Rick Owens’, marking 20 years since the inception of the designer’s world-renowned fashion label.

Taking over our London Concept Store, the world of Rick will encompass an exclusive 20 piece collection created exclusively for Selfridges; a new women’s and men’s ready-to-wear and accessories destination; a takeover of four Oxford Street store windows, and finally, a specially commissioned 25ft Rick Owens statue that will sit above the iconic Selfridges London canopy

http://style.selfridges.com/whats-in/selfridges-presents-masters

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does RO do size 54 in current season leathers? largest I've seen has been 52 and I imagine it's a slim 52 or more like a 50 in reality. I generally take a 54, so thinking I may be relegated to sufu/sz/ebay to get older season stuff if that's the case

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sneakerbearz

Reaction score
Do you guys know where I can find a Stooges sz. 46 on sale? I've been prowling the marketplace, SuFu, and ebay, but haven't seen any for sale. I don't want to pay full price since I'll probably have the sleeves and body shortened so I don't want to end up damaging a brand new one. I see some women version on sale though. Style is similar to the men's, but RO doesn't sell unisex clothing, correct?

I have a grey color from ss13 in size 48 and it very very slim like a 46. brand new if u are interested.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

IronKnochs

Reaction score
Got some BNWT 44 dust/white geos on B&S right now for like 60% of rrp

IronKnochs

Reaction score
nah, UK store

figured I couldn't really afford them so they're not even opened

coldknife

Reaction score

today

toj/uniqlo/drkshdw/ro

recently took my memphis (pictured) to the tailor to get them taken in. excellent job imo, the heavy taper makes up for my thin ankles.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nah, UK store figured I couldn't really afford them so they're not even opened
ouch, good luck with sale, they are my size but i felt the sneaks were too bulky for me when i tried them on
today
toj/uniqlo/drkshdw/ro
recently took my memphis (pictured) to the tailor to get them taken in. excellent job imo, the heavy taper makes up for my thin ankles.
A rick leather would really kick ass in that look

coldknife

Reaction score
A rick leather would really kick ass in that look
currently thinking about buying a stooges jacket but my toj 2013dr isn't even in yet

i also like the slave jackets (got a thing for big cowls) too so i might get that

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads