• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official MMA thread

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this ultimately means more free fights. I suspect that the ultimate goal is to come close to one event a week, one ppv a month or something like that. The UFC has too many fighters under contract (~200 before the integration of the WEC iirc) and too few championships and huge names to rely primarily on the PPV model.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys, remember when PPV meant it was something special?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Hey guys, remember when PPV meant it was something special?
So you wouldn't want to watch featherweights and bantamweights fight on a PPV?

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
So you wouldn't want to watch featherweights and bantamweights fight on a PPV?

My point was just that the entire PPV model might be starting to wear thin for the UFC. It used to be that people spent that kind of money for PPV because it was, for the most part, a once-in-a-while thing for something really special. Now, with the UFC, it's every three weeks, and many of the cards/fights aren't that great. People might be starting to get tired of shelling out twenty-five bucks every few weeks for something that's no longer special.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
My point was just that the entire PPV model might be starting to wear thin for the UFC. It used to be that people spent that kind of money for PPV because it was, for the most part, a once-in-a-while thing for something really special. Now, with the UFC, it's every three weeks, and many of the cards/fights aren't that great. People might be starting to get tired of shelling out twenty-five bucks every few weeks for something that's no longer special.

I disagree with this. Now are there cards that are stinkers, yes, but Dana usually puts those on Spike. There are good looking cards on paper that turn into crap when you plunk down your $54. i.e. Mir vs. Cro Cop. That whole card was a good card that turned to crap, but going in most people thought it would be good.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
I disagree with this. Now are there cards that are stinkers, yes, but Dana usually puts those on Spike. There are good looking cards on paper that turn into crap when you plunk down your $54. i.e. Mir vs. Cro Cop. That whole card was a good card that turned to crap, but going in most people thought it would be good.

That has always happened and always will. I'm saying that it's just happening too often, and the excitment might be ebbing.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did Mir v. Cro Cop not look like a bomb from the outset? Two washed up guys fighting to be the seventh-best HW in the UFC. For $55.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree with , Walton.
I think the exposure is great for new fighter and veterans alike.

NOW EACH ppv CAN BE STACKED.
inlove.gif

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho

Dude, nobody that knows **** about MMA thought that card would be good.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Dude, nobody that knows **** about MMA thought that card would be good.

I hate you Norcal.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually thought Bader-Nogueira was going to be a good fight. I had no hopes for Cro Cop-Mir. Cro Cop has been a shell of his former self after losing to Gonzaga.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Either better PPVs, or more free events. Dana give me at least one but not neither. How much could they make on commercial revenue if they put a fight on primetime cable? I think the UFC has enough mainstream appeal now to get some good viewership if they put a legitimately good card on free TV.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
Either better PPVs, or more free events. Dana give me at least one but not neither. How much could they make on commercial revenue if they put a fight on primetime cable? I think the UFC has enough mainstream appeal now to get some good viewership if they put a legitimately good card on free TV.

I'm wondering if they're going to try to broker something with HBO - shows that aren't quite PPV championship quality, but a grade above a weeknight VS/Spike card.

If it were me, I suspect I would have kept the WEC brand alive, but used it as a minor league rather than lighter weight promotion - something to bat away the Bellators and Strikeforces, funnel the cream of the crop into the UFC. But I'm certainly not privy to the kind of marketing and branding people the UFC has behind them and whatever they're doing appears to be working out for them.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
If it were me, I suspect I would have kept the WEC brand alive, but used it as a minor league rather than lighter weight promotion - something to bat away the Bellators and Strikeforces, funnel the cream of the crop into the UFC. But I'm certainly not privy to the kind of marketing and branding people the UFC has behind them and whatever they're doing appears to be working out for them.

Now that makes sense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads