• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I had Formosa make the Summer tweed jacket. Some fit issues that need adjusting hence me taking off work for the day.

I wanted to know if you’ve tried on the carrera?
Not yet. Thought I'd visit NYC after the holidays. I missed that Formosa was coming this month.

EDIT: If you don't mind my asking, what is Formosa's price for a CMT sport coat?

Last edited:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not yet. Thought I'd visit NYC after the holidays. I missed that Formosa was coming this month.

EDIT: If you don't mind my asking, what is Formosa's price for a CMT sport coat?

I pm’ed you, have you ever lived in Stuttgart?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pm’ed you, have you ever lived in Stuttgart?
Thanks and yes. Lived there for three years and have visited several times since then. Neat town. Stuttgart was pretty much flattened in WWII, unlike Munich, so it's not quite as scenic bit still a very worthwhile visit.

I laughed watching the first Avengers movie with the Stuttgart scenes that were filmed in Cleveland.

Last edited:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks and yes. Lived there for three years and have visited several times since then. Neat town. Stuttgart was pretty much flattened in WWII, unlike Munich, so it's not quite as scenic bit still a very worthwhile visit.

I laughed watching the first Avengers movie with the Stuttgart scenes that were filmed in Cleveland.

My company asked if I wanted it. Not sure what’s there but it’ll give me easy access to the rest of Europe.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My company asked if I wanted it. Not sure what’s there but it’ll give me easy access to the rest of Europe.
They have a major airport that has direct to US flights, on the major DB lines, and on several Autobahn routes. 2 hours to Strasbourg, the Black Forest and Garmisch-Partenkirchen (skiing!!!). I was a history major so Germany was like Disneyland for me. Easy train ride to Paris, Prague, etc.

Stuttgart also has a major University and excellent cultural stuff (museums, opera, soccer, concerts). Anyway, 25 years in the Army and Stuttgart was my fav assignment.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been to Sky Valet shoes at Citycenter? https://www.skyvaletshoes.com/

It's preferable to going up to New York to a Crockett and Jones store.
I bought C&J Chelsea boots and two sets of Harvard loafers, one in brown cordovan and the other in suede. He also carries John Lobb, Alden, RM Williams, and some other brands. Well worth a visit. He can also order anything that's not in the store at the moment.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a major airport that has direct to US flights, on the major DB lines, and on several Autobahn routes. 2 hours to Strasbourg, the Black Forest and Garmisch-Partenkirchen (skiing!!!). I was a history major so Germany was like Disneyland for me. Easy train ride to Paris, Prague, etc.

Stuttgart also has a major University and excellent cultural stuff (museums, opera, soccer, concerts). Anyway, 25 years in the Army and Stuttgart was my fav assignment.

One of the green suiters I worked with in the past totally dismissed it so I never gave it any consideration until now. I've been doing some research on the city and can honestly say it looks beautiful.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the green suiters I worked with in the past totally dismissed it so I never gave it any consideration until now. I've been doing some research on the city and can honestly say it looks beautiful.
Obviously a troglodytic knuckle-dragger, that green suiter.

Last edited:

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, as some of you noticed, we'll be in the area tomorrow and Saturday (12/6-12/7). We will be offering both Made-to-Order and Made-to-Measure tailoring, including Ring Jacket, Orazio Luciano and our newest line of tailoring The Armoury Hundred Series.

We will also be bringing along some of our favorite pieces from our Fall/Winter collection. If you're interested in stopping by, drop us a note at [email protected]

Thanks!

Max

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads