• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright! Two decent rides this weekend after the wildfire smoke mostly cleared. Storms tomorrow should clear the air even more.

Passed by the Big Red One memorial close to the Exec Office Building.

IMG_6556.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Little picture dump of this weekend in DC and Annapolis.

Plane was delayed a day so I'm here another day.

3cb92c2b-f2fe-4d28-afc1-b054c04e53ee.jpeg
51b6b5f3-9751-4783-87b1-424d2149ee94.jpeg
IMG_7008.jpeg
IMG_6998.jpeg
IMG_6958.jpeg
IMG_6851.jpeg
IMG_6848.jpeg
IMG_6837.jpeg

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Little picture dump of this weekend in DC and Annapolis.

Annapolis is one of my favorite places in Maryland. I love the salt air and ships/boats. The seafood… among other things.

Sadly couldn’t find the right place when we were buying our first home. At least it is not far.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Headin to Jack Rose again this evening.

cmfuen

Reaction score
Hey DC Gang! I probably met a few of you at a Bedo's event in 2018 or 19; Kangnamstyles is the only handle I recognize. I wanted to say hello and reach out for collective wisdom on DC tailoring. I'm itching to go bespoke and have reached out to Field Tailoring, but no luck. Are they really the only pure bespoke in the area? I see Geoffrey Lewis claims bespoke, but I thought I'd ask here. I'd also consider commissioning an Oxxford garment at Highcliffe Clothiers, but would go to Franco's if it's recommended.

I figure folks will ask: I have MTM suits of varying quality and well-altered OTR Jackets, including a cashmere blend Rubinacci that Mariano himself pinned for adjustments. (It was awesome. Luca was traveling, I was on my honeymoon, and we had a nice tour of the shop with Mariano. I should take a picture of it to post.) I'd like to commission a single-breasted suit that I can split up, as well as a second garment--a double-breasted navy jacket.

Your thoughts are welcome!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey DC Gang! I probably met a few of you at a Bedo's event in 2018 or 19; Kangnamstyles is the only handle I recognize. I wanted to say hello and reach out for collective wisdom on DC tailoring. I'm itching to go bespoke and have reached out to Field Tailoring, but no luck. Are they really the only pure bespoke in the area? I see Geoffrey Lewis claims bespoke, but I thought I'd ask here. I'd also consider commissioning an Oxxford garment at Highcliffe Clothiers, but would go to Franco's if it's recommended.

I figure folks will ask: I have MTM suits of varying quality and well-altered OTR Jackets, including a cashmere blend Rubinacci that Mariano himself pinned for adjustments. (It was awesome. Luca was traveling, I was on my honeymoon, and we had a nice tour of the shop with Mariano. I should take a picture of it to post.) I'd like to commission a single-breasted suit that I can split up, as well as a second garment--a double-breasted navy jacket.

Your thoughts are welcome!

Geoffrey Lewis is my tailor. They do MTM including through Oxxford. Several of us have commissioned though Ezra Paul on U Street who does Italian MTM.

https://ezrapaul.com/

Steed from the UK comes to town along with numerous other tailors. Others will be more knowledgeable than me on that.

cmfuen

Reaction score
Geoffrey Lewis is my tailor. They do MTM including through Oxxford. Several of us have commissioned though Ezra Paul on U Street who does Italian MTM.

https://ezrapaul.com/

Steed from the UK comes to town along with numerous other tailors. Others will be more knowledgeable than me on that.

Oh man...Steed's prices are fantastic (compared to Oxxford or M.Rubinacci)! Thanks!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man...Steed's prices are fantastic (compared to Oxxford or M.Rubinacci)! Thanks!
A bunch of us just met Greg from NMWA here in DC last week and commissioned MTM through Sartoria Cararra. It’s a great cut.

cmfuen

Reaction score
A bunch of us just met Greg from NMWA here in DC last week and commissioned MTM through Sartoria Cararra. It’s a great cut.

Good to know, but I need (lol, no I don’t) at least two bespoke garments. For the price of one Oxxford (which is not exactly bespoke, right?) I can get a 2-piece and a jacket with Steed.

Does anyone know how much Field costs?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The styling of Carrara is quite good and will have me move away from bespoke if the mtm jacket fits well.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to know, but I need (lol, no I don’t) at least two bespoke garments. For the price of one Oxxford (which is not exactly bespoke, right?) I can get a 2-piece and a jacket with Steed.

Does anyone know how much Field costs?

checkout Steven Hitchcock before choosing William Field.

gimpwiz

Reaction score
Speaking of which, what's the story with Sabatini? Shows up on google search results, says he's been in business for 50 years, never seen anything about him here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads