• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How was the show?
Pretty decent although a more experimental production than I usually like. Craig was fun to watch, was in second row and he usually stood right at the edge of the stage. Ruth Negga was great, didn’t know she was Irish and she used her normal accent.

I saw Branagh as Macbeth in NYC years ago and he did it fairly traditionally. Much better show. Still, always fun to watch an A-list actor like Craig chew up the scenery.

How was your concert?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty decent although a more experimental production than I usually like. Craig was fun to watch, was in second row and he usually stood right at the edge of the stage. Ruth Negga was great, didn’t know she was Irish and she used her normal accent.

I saw Branagh as Macbeth in NYC years ago and he did it fairly traditionally. Much better show. Still, always fun to watch an A-list actor like Craig chew up the scenery.

How was your concert?

Overall very good. Weather was glorious. Warm but not hot. Nice breeze off the harbor.

I love both artists. Lucinda had a stroke last year, and unfortunately, she’s not quite “back” yet. She can’t play guitar, and her vocals were showing the strain of age/stroke. All that considered, she was decent (I’ve seen her before and last night was a little sad, but I’m glad she’s performing.

Bonnie ROCKED the house. She played serval different genres, blues, rock, ballads even covered Talking Heads Burning Down The House. She was amazing.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh

1160FCF7-C94C-40EA-8D7C-9224482408EB.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barns and Noble next to me is always so late getting these... they just received last month edition. Where do you buy yours?
I subscribed a while back. Much easier. Their writing has gotten much better over time. Much of it is still geared toward whatever products they are flogging but they are fairly upfront about it.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was at the MGM Grand. Having been there twice now, I'd say it's pretty good venue. The sound is pretty good and it seems reasonably well organized.

Nice. Always looking for well reviewed music venues. I like Wolf Trap, and Merriweather (closer to me.....), The Anthem, and 930 club.... sound quality and ease of access (getting to/from, parking) are all important factors.... The Anthem fails at the ease part (for me) but every show I have seen there sounded great.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
I subscribed a while back. Much easier. Their writing has gotten much better over time. Much of it is still geared toward whatever products they are flogging but they are fairly upfront about it.
I put in my subscription but I had to cancel. Did not receive my mag and then after calculation it was $16 per magazine versus $12 at BN

Makes no sense as you would think you save on subscription

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Nice. Good luck!

Got a reply from them (see below)...

This one is available in 44R
but not sure if I want gray suit. then again, peak lapel is more of a fun suit so gray might work.

what do you think gents? Can I pull this suit to a formal dinner party event?

-----------------
Thank you for your email and interest in our suits. Unfortunately size 44 only comes available in our Contemporary cut. We will be receiving more peak lapel suits for this upcoming fall/winter season.

You can also request a different size trouser when placing your order. Simply leave a comment with your desired size and as long as it's in stock, we'll happily accommodate you. Please note that if you're going to be placing the order online and this is your first order, we don't recommend choosing the hemming option in case you need to make an exchange or return. Once the trousers are hemmed, the suit becomes final sale.

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads