• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Drakes knock-off thread - look-alikes and the producers behind Drakes

letsgofire

Reaction score
I checked the bag today on Saville row shop. Definetely no worth it. There was very little structure and seams were only single stitched. I would prefer a bit more structure and for example a fell seam on certain spots.

Thanks so much for this.

Reaction score
I sort of want the suede tote bag that is made in Italy. No interest in paying $750 USD though. Does anyone recognize the maker? Or any better value alternatives?

This might be better value but no improvement in the price.

letsgofire

Reaction score
This might be better value but no improvement in the price.

I decided to get the Nubuck tote from Banana Republic. It is larger than the Drake’s and PermanentStyle one. And like half the cost. I think it will serve my use well.

korektphool

Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of socks in 80% wool, 10% cashmere, and 10% silk from the Drakes London store. After a few wears and washes, they have quickly become my favourite pair of socks, being relatively thick, warm, and with comfortable ribbing that stays up.

I'd like to pick up more, but likely not willing to spend GBP 35 per pair.

Does anyone know where I can get similar socks for a lower price? I suspect the Drakes socks may be expensive because of the fancy colour (some blue donegal with mustard stripe), however I would prefer a plain navy or dark grey.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Any good alternatives to Drake's Lamboswool or Angora beanies? They seem to have a generous size for us melon-heads.

Sartyroialist

Reaction score
Any good alternatives to Drake's Lamboswool or Angora beanies? They seem to have a generous size for us melon-heads.
Not inexpensively. I had a drake's beanie but found it thin (personal pref), in comparison to my several Inis Meain chunky cashmere & merino beanies. They're pricey, but have held up well over years, and are VERY comfortable.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Not inexpensively. I had a drake's beanie but found it thin (personal pref), in comparison to my several Inis Meain chunky cashmere & merino beanies. They're pricey, but have held up well over years, and are VERY comfortable.

Thank you, will take a look! What about the size? I hate a tight beanie.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the price, 275€ for a beanie is too much for me right now. And a thought Drake's one was expensive haha... I was expecting something in the 50-60€ range.

Last edited:

Sartyroialist

Reaction score
Thank you, will take a look! What about the size? I hate a tight beanie.
They're the one-size-fits-all variety - but are quite stretchy. For comparison I'm a size 58 / 7 1/8 and they're great. I could imagine they're fine to a 60+. Bigger than that may also be ok; if not I suppose I might wet it, ring it out and let it dry overnight on an appropriate form (bowl, etc.) - but I've never done that with a beanie, it's just speculation on my part.

NMWA sometimes has them left over on holiday sales, and they show up rarely on ebay, etc. Mine have been retail (NMWA), and totally worth it. Inis Meain does absolutely beautiful things with yarn and color. Their knit ties are cool, too. Regrettably, I find their sweaters too boxy in the chest for me.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of socks in 80% wool, 10% cashmere, and 10% silk from the Drakes London store. After a few wears and washes, they have quickly become my favourite pair of socks, being relatively thick, warm, and with comfortable ribbing that stays up.

I'd like to pick up more, but likely not willing to spend GBP 35 per pair.

Does anyone know where I can get similar socks for a lower price? I suspect the Drakes socks may be expensive because of the fancy colour (some blue donegal with mustard stripe), however I would prefer a plain navy or dark grey.

I don't know if you'll find the exact fabric (wool/cash/silk) sock, but my go-to for a variety of colors, sizes and fabric socks is:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrownUrge