• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Dior Homme Thread***

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Haha yeah I'm a big fan of some of his mid/high tops at DH and especially sneakers from his own line. Cool to know LVMH isn't completely cutting him off. I'm not all that familiar with kim jones's work but his last collection for LV was dope. He seems to have significantly more celebrity connects and overall hypebeast appeal than KVA which is likely what LVMH was looking for to grow a luxury brand. I'm expecting DH to head for a more mainstream design language - less thematic collections, broader color pallet, more forgiving silhouettes, more opulence, etc.

DoctorDisco

Reaction score
Can anyone authenticate this coat?
Im new to Dior and got this cheap online, later a friend told me this was actually dior but a limited Japan release fw05 - photos attached.

C706A284-28F1-4221-934B-C42F6F60F5F6.jpeg

A3491C66-E92F-4849-9972-6A426D6517B0.jpeg

0E9F0EED-217D-40B9-83C1-F44D7189CB6E.jpeg

B27F35B3-66A7-462D-B3A4-A155D933EE7B.jpeg

8F4D2078-CDBC-4459-9941-AA6E38B2008B.jpeg

John-Galt

Reaction score
Man so glad to see this thread getting traffic again. KVA did a good job closing off his time at Dior but I can't say I loved his work, especially what made it to RTW.

I think the biggest barrier to entry for Dior is the crazy retail and limited distribution. Hoping to see that (not price) change with Kim. I wonder if he'll take it in a radically different direction.

btylus

Reaction score
Hey everyone! New to the forum! Anyone got any info on these? I’m really digging these! Missed out on eBay acuction. They’re supposedly from the 02 Reflection campaign. Any help would be appreciated!

9DDD1B8E-78EB-403F-8C17-0CB5E856EEEE.jpeg

CF5290E9-7E77-4240-8E36-994295BAD64F.jpeg

51BCFCED-C3F6-4BA4-A492-20ECF9A4B118.jpeg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Old thread I know, but I’m looking to buy Dior raw, black jeans unaltered in size 32. Seems like they don’t exist anywhere anymore and a lot of used sites don’t have this size. If anybody has some they are willing to unload or knows where I can get them let me know.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No inputs on the jacket above?

Hmm. The fabric and the Paris tag looks good, but the fabric care looks different than anything I have. Granted I don't have any Japan-only pieces. I also noticed that some of the french is correct, but oddly they are missing some accent marks where in other places they use them. That inconsistency I have not seen in Dior pieces in the past.

OhMe

Reaction score
Can anyone authenticate this coat?
Im new to Dior and got this cheap online, later a friend told me this was actually dior but a limited Japan release fw05 - photos attached.

View attachment 946510

View attachment 946511

View attachment 946512

View attachment 946513

View attachment 946514

Sorry I am late but this is fake.

The appearance of the tag is not as it should be.

"nettoyage a sec recommande" should be "nettoyage à sec recommandé"

This is enough to say it's 100 % fake.

Hmm. The fabric and the Paris tag looks good, but the fabric care looks different than anything I have. Granted I don't have any Japan-only pieces. I also noticed that some of the french is correct, but oddly they are missing some accent marks where in other places they use them. That inconsistency I have not seen in Dior pieces in the past.

Hi SirGrotius, happy to see you there !

About this "japan only" thing, I have the feeling there is a big misunderstanding.

It's clear for me that "japan only" is about the wash care symbols which are different for Japan.

It does not mean that some pieces are only for japanese market.

Last edited:

OhMe

Reaction score
I read that Kim Jones took over from KVA for DH. First show this June. KVA had a good run of 11 years, especially in this industry! I'll be interested to see what Kim does; he had a good showing at LV menswear.

I can't wait to see what Kim Jones will do for Dior Homme.

I loved the last collections from KVA, very strong. I especially liked the tailoring part (I don't like the sportwear thing).

On another note, this Gold 'capsule' is spun off of the KVA A/W collection, however, I get a distinct Kim Jones vibe from it. Maybe his first, light foray, if I am allowed to conjecture.

https://www.dior.com/couture/en_us/mens-fashion/fall-2018-collection

Nice capsule !

I am not sure to understand what you said, but it's 100 % KVA.

Overall, the tailor jackets are so nice I would buy almost everything if I had the money. https://www.dior.com/couture/fr_fr/mode-homme/pret-a-porter/vestes

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone catch Kim Jones' debut menswear show? Not my sort of thing, but I respect his hommage to the atelier and I suppose moving on from the skinny, black, grey, somber navy palate has to happen at some point! It's starting to grow on me the more I think about it though. I like the details such as using the same floral patterns that M.Dior had on his china set and the suiting is interesting.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oddly enough, my favorite DH items from the last few years were the SS cardigans from 2014-2016 or so. Interesting textures/colors and scar details. As discussed, the pricing was astronomical - IIRC my favorite was something like $1450 for a cotton knit.

Moonchild

Reaction score
Sorry I am late but this is fake.

The appearance of the tag is not as it should be.

"nettoyage a sec recommande" should be "nettoyage à sec recommandé"

This is enough to say it's 100 % fake.

Hi SirGrotius, happy to see you there !

About this "japan only" thing, I have the feeling there is a big misunderstanding.

It's clear for me that "japan only" is about the wash care symbols which are different for Japan.

It does not mean that some pieces are only for japanese market.

Made for Japan pieces definitly exists. I’m not sure if that includes totally exclusive clothing/shoes/accessories, but there are runway items that are made in different colors, fabrics, etc exclusively for the Japanese market.
Case on point, the « socks sandals » from ss11... the common version is in leather with the socks in cotton canvas.. a made-for-Japanese market version is all-leather.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
I, for one, am excited to see a divergence from the typically slim silhouettes which have dominated Dior's past for the better part of two decades and I think Kim Jones is a good fit for the direction LVMH is pushing the house towards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads