• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boibleu22

Reaction score
Im literally in the same boat.

I've had my pair since summer 2016 and worn it everywhere in the world and they continue to serve me well.
Im scared of pulling out my new ones, and i have 3 fresh pairs in the closet!

For me, these are the most easy and versatile shoe i've had, and cant see a day where i'd be without them

Hell yeah, dude! I have taupe, grey, and 2 pairs of bball lows but they just aren't the same. The bball lows actually hurt my feet after a while; but there is a chance they're just not as well broken in. THREE back ups? You animal. Guess I got to start the hunt.

Kung2101

Reaction score
Long time lurker. Finally pulled the trigger on my first pair of CPs. Bought from Mr. Porter and the sizing was perfect. Only issue is that the shoes came with some creasing around where the heel support (thicker material) tapers off. Should I return or is this normal? I'm assuming shoe trees would take care of this.

Thanks!!

signal-2023-03-18-114851_004.jpeg
signal-2023-03-18-114851_003.jpeg
signal-2023-03-18-114851_002.jpeg

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

I finally bought a pair of white CP on sale.
Question - How do you guys care for these sneakers? Do you apply a conditioner and then white shoe cream?

Would a conditioner like VSC be good as a stone alone? I've been wearing boots usually so all I do is clean my boots with a damp rag and apply conditioner as needed.

tonklawow

Reaction score
Hey,

I don't really have much knowledge about sneakers, and I want some guidance on sizing Achilles Low.

I bought them in Eur 44 but they were too big (1-1.5 cm gap in length from my heel to back of the shoe depending on how hard i push forward. If i push my foot forward to the max, i can comfortably put my pointy finger in the gap at the heel.)

The thing is, I can't try them on because I ordered them from overseas. As far as I'm aware, in my country there's no AD for them.
-My feet length is around 27 cm, width (widest) around 9.8-10cm.
-I only own 2 Nike Air Jordan 1 Low and a Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 39 all are 10 US/ 44 EUR/28 cm. And they feel really snug and tight, not in a painful way.
-Other shoes of mine are Clarks Wallabees 10US /43 EUR and some steel toed safety shoes which are also 43 EUR and comfortably fit on me.

I researched Common projects and they said to size down, so in my case should I go for 43 or 42? Given that my clarks and nikes have different sizing. And why are they different? I'm so confused. I usually don't have any idea about shoes so all this is very painful to me.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I don't really have much knowledge about sneakers, and I want some guidance on sizing Achilles Low.

I bought them in Eur 44 but they were too big (1-1.5 cm gap in length from my heel to back of the shoe depending on how hard i push forward. If i push my foot forward to the max, i can comfortably put my pointy finger in the gap at the heel.)

The thing is, I can't try them on because I ordered them from overseas. As far as I'm aware, in my country there's no AD for them.
-My feet length is around 27 cm, width (widest) around 9.8-10cm.
-I only own 2 Nike Air Jordan 1 Low and a Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 39 all are 10 US/ 44 EUR/28 cm. And they feel really snug and tight, not in a painful way.
-Other shoes of mine are Clarks Wallabees 10US /43 EUR and some steel toed safety shoes which are also 43 EUR and comfortably fit on me.

I researched Common projects and they said to size down, so in my case should I go for 43 or 42? Given that my clarks and nikes have different sizing. And why are they different? I'm so confused. I usually don't have any idea about shoes so all this is very painful to me.
As @WatchesCars already said I agree that 42 should be your size in CP achilles.

tonklawow

Reaction score
Thanks so much both @sussi and @WatchesCars. I'm really oblivious when it comes to this.

So my true size is 43 then? I'm kinda confuse why I have to size up 1 size for the Nikes, as I thought they are true to size after a quick google search.

WatchesCars

Reaction score
I think you got your numbers mixed up. Size 10 is 43 EU. Size 9 is 42 EU. So you're Size 10 nike is 43 EU. In any case if you're 10 Nike is snug, you're a 9 in common projects or 42

tonklawow

Reaction score
I think you got your numbers mixed up. Size 10 is 43 EU. Size 9 is 42 EU. So you're Size 10 nike is 43 EU. In any case if you're 10 Nike is snug, you're a 9 in common projects or 42
Oh, I misunderstood, apparently nike's 10us is 44 Eur according to the tag.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nike sizing is US 10 - EU 44. But I would not say sportwear sizing is correct or TTS especially not in EU sizing. If you want to be as accurate as possible always look at US or UK sizing.
For example Nike US 10 - EU 44. Common projects US 10 - EU 43. You need to size down 1 from your US size. So if you are Nike US 10, you need US 9 in Common Projects. So US 9 in Common Projects is EU 42. You need EU 42 in Common Projects.

EU sizing is messed up by most brands. The most consistent sizing is UK/US as I already said. For example I am size US 11 in most brands.
Nike - US 11 - EU 45
Adidas - US 11 - EU 45 1/3
Puma - US 11 - EU 44,5
Paraboot US 11 - EU 44
Common Projects US 11 - EU 44 (I need to size down to US 10 - EU 43)

If I would always look at EU sizing I would get my size wrong with most brands. So Over years I learned that looking at US/UK sizing is the safest way to go. So if you see for a model that it is recommended to go down 1 size, just go with 1 size down from your usual US size and then translate it to EU with brand's size chart if that's needed.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much both @sussi and @WatchesCars. I'm really oblivious when it comes to this.

So my true size is 43 then? I'm kinda confuse why I have to size up 1 size for the Nikes, as I thought they are true to size after a quick google search.
As I said. It seems your true size is US 10. So you need US 9 in Common Projects.

tonklawow

Reaction score
Nike sizing is US 10 - EU 44. But I would not say sportwear sizing is correct or TTS especially not in EU sizing. If you want to be as accurate as possible always look at US or UK sizing.
For example Nike US 10 - EU 44. Common projects US 10 - EU 43. You need to size down 1 from your US size. So if you are Nike US 10, you need US 9 in Common Projects. So US 9 in Common Projects is EU 42. You need EU 42 in Common Projects.

EU sizing is messed up by most brands. The most consistent sizing is UK/US as I already said. For example I am size US 11 in most brands.
Nike - US 11 - EU 45
Adidas - US 11 - EU 45 1/3
Puma - US 11 - EU 44,5
Paraboot US 11 - EU 44
Common Projects US 11 - EU 44 (I need to size down to US 10 - EU 43)

If I would always look at EU sizing I would get my size wrong with most brands. So Over years I learned that looking at US/UK sizing is the safest way to go. So if you see for a model that it is recommended to go down 1 size, just go with 1 size down from your usual US size and then translate it to EU with brand's size chart if that's needed.
Thanks for detailed information, i ended up ordering 42 as you suggested. I live in Asia so mostly used to EU sizing since U grew up. But now it's good to know so I comparing based on US/UK from now.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for detailed information, i ended up ordering 42 as you suggested. I live in Asia so mostly used to EU sizing since U grew up. But now it's good to know so I comparing based on US/UK from now.
I understand that as I was used to compare everything in EU sizing as I live in EU. It will save you a lot of time and energy if you decide and just think in US or UK sizing from today on.

Xenos

Reaction score
Stupid question, but are the laces in my navy Achilles low blue or black? I can’t really tell. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

(Also, where does one get replacement laces?)

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads