• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Interesting...

Do you not think Carol, Boris and or even Zam are somewhat shrewd businessmen (shrewd might be a bit harsh here) ? Bottomline is: $$$/profit are king, these guys (and gals all have mouths to feed, workers to pay, rent to cover, etc.....

Production issues (pre 2012)? Specifically what? He changed sole and heel suppliers around that time.

BP pics are old- dude is wearing bbs/layer 0 recently. I do find it a bit shocking Mr. C is posting images of BP on his Instagram (in almost an anti-artisan kind of way) but whatever it's 2015 & I'd rather him be active online and sharing pics than not.

1. I don't think those guys are shrewd either to tell you the truth. I guess what i am expressing here is that i notice Simone is becoming active in social media i.e. self promotion, has a deal with barneys and is actively selling his items via more outlets. It even seems like now his production line arrives semi on time. Hence, overall he is becoming a better business man then the guys you mentioned.

2. I remember he got rid of his staff at one point and had to hire/retrain new guys a few years ago. I believe you and I even discussed it at one point. Maybe i am not remembering this correctly.

3. I did not realize that but its a good move to self promote himself.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

these are growing on me

Last edited:

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The BP Pics are from a world war z premiere in Germany where he had a local stylist find him specific brands from Darklands . But the guy knows his artisan luxe brands.Though I've never witnessed him buying stuff there, HLorenzo has his assistant on standby regarding certain items. I have seen a ton of high profile clients waltz in by themselves to HLorenzo and Maxfield and name drop everything from Ann D to Harnden at rapid fire rate, knowing exactly what they want. During the recent Sag award screenings and Q&A I noticed Kevin Costner and Matthew McConaughey in double zip A1923 boots. It's also good to remember that, at least in LA, HL and Maxfield were around for decades before internet fashion cultism began and were selling niche artisanal brands that you couldn't find on Rodeo Dr.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
sidezips arrived this morning...they may be too small.... didn't really have enough time to try to squeeze them on, but the outlook is rather grim. WHAT DO I DOOOO ;o;

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sidezips arrived this morning...they may be too small.... didn't really have enough time to try to squeeze them on, but the outlook is rather grim. WHAT DO I DOOOO ;o;

Well it comes down to this, how much do you like the boot vs your big toe? J/k

If they don't work out enjoy the hunt for the next one.

Last edited:

tonecrush

Reaction score
Just gonna put this out there, I'm not putting my shoes up for sale officially but I might be open to trades on my size 42 m.a+ reversed side lace derbies. Looking for m.a+ boots (especially inner side laces) in 42 or really nice Cdiems possibly. Don't want to part with them much but they are a tad too big. If someone has the same shoe in a 41 that'd be awesome.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Does anyone have any care tips on white guidis? Do they age well left alone or should I treat them with something?

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so i am going to finally try to get a derby... does anyone have any suggestions, i want something sleek that can go with anything... even a suit. any suggestions?

No one will suggest you a derby that will go with anything, but Guidi should go with many things (including some casual suits). CCP and Augusta as well. 10 Sei 0 Otto has some decent offerings from time to time. My personal favorites are Layer 0 but they will definitely not go with anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads