• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice.. wish he didn't notch the heels still though :( though that **** gets ground down when vibramming and i have it filled too still wish it wasn't there at all.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IS:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shrug you could say the same thing about carpe or really anything for similar reasons i'm sure. there's something perfect though in the "boring" footwear from those brands because while there isn't really anything that stands out or is particularly attention getting... often can't find much of anything to nit pic.

some laced carpe boots are almost indistinguishable from the semi-formed prototypical concept of a "laced boot" that exists in my head that most other offerings differ from in one feature or another and so for me it's a sort of a design win

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup. I totally agree with @abraxis

And not that Sinne's post needs me to elaborate why I disagree, but . . .

I don't come from a baller boot/artisanal/goth ninja background. Very much the opposite. But I'm learning about all these styles and picking and choosing pieces that I can incorporate into my (increasingly aggressive) wardrobe.

I'm trying to find the perfect ankle boot. Something with laces that's easy to put on and take off and something that won't attract too much attention. This IS as well as the Layer-0 that Eck posted both fit that bill. They're very simple and potentially "boring" but there is something special about both of them that kind of glows when I look at them.

Nobody I will probably ever meet in my area will ever know or care about what boots I'm wearing. But me knowing the work that goes into them and the difficulty that sometimes ensues in the "quest" to attain them will make me feel special every time I wear them.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha! I have a beautiful pair of A1923 work boots, it's true (and thank you). ;)

But I'm looking for something a bit shorter, less eye holes, and possibly a bit more all-season. The work boots are great, just kind of a bit more, er, hearty when the warmer months come.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

shrug you could say the same thing about carpe or really anything for similar reasons i'm sure. there's something perfect though in the "boring" footwear from those brands because while there isn't really anything that stands out or is particularly attention getting... often can't find much of anything to nit pic.

some laced carpe boots are almost indistinguishable from the semi-formed prototypical concept of a "laced boot" that exists in my head that most other offerings differ from in one feature or another and so for me it's a sort of a design wi
n

Yup. I totally agree with @abraxis

And not that Sinne's post needs me to elaborate why I disagree, but . . .

I don't come from a baller boot/artisanal/goth ninja background. Very much the opposite. But I'm learning about all these styles and picking and choosing pieces that I can incorporate into my (increasingly aggressive) wardrobe.

I'm trying to find the perfect ankle boot. Something with laces that's easy to put on and take off and something that won't attract too much attention. This IS as well as the Layer-0 that Eck posted both fit that bill. They're very simple and potentially "boring" but there is something special about both of them that kind of glows when I look at them.

Nobody I will probably ever meet in my area will ever know or care about what boots I'm wearing. But me knowing the work that goes into them and the difficulty that sometimes ensues in the "quest" to attain them will make me feel special every time I wear them.

Boring but beautifully executed is better than a lot of stuff that gets posted in here IMO.

I am going to reply to all 3 of you in one shot i hope.

I agree with you guys on everything. I like CD/MA+/IS/etc. I am actually very happy those artisans exist and if i ever wanted a, as brad said, beautifully executed boot i can go buy one. I feel that other than CD most of those are fairly easily available as well. Before everyone starts cussing at me about this just understand that my tastes are different than yours and should be respected. I am also not a fan of guidi (well i like some) and people love them. Nevertheless, never say never, I may get one of the above sometime. For example i love the ma+ back zip and don't have it.

What i do find unique is CCP/A1923/L0. I would divide this into 2 categories for purchasing zips and lace ups. For zips ccp/a1923, lace ups L0.

Anyways to cut this short, I like things that are a bit different and not as classic but having the same level of execution as the above mentioned brands.

Cheers folks...

:cheers:

Caution - Yes i know everyone borrows and is inspired by something. Not saying any of the shoes here are unique in general but unique atm or in the genre. Someone may have done it. Lets not have the copy this that conversation for the millionth time.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
too small or too big?

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
donkey is a very tough leather. not sure that it loses to horse, at least in my experience.

guidi laces are amazingly durable too for how thin they are too wish we could make a group buy for spare laces in different colors. definitely need a red pair for my av_field derbies.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene