• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The cobbler should remove a layer of leather from the heel to offset the difference in height from the vibram (heel). Otherwise, the boot would not be balanced, the boot would lean forward.

But if there's the same amount of vibram on the heel and the front of the sole that should be fine, right?

I had nightmares that my cobbler would try to clean up the rusted bar on my new CCPs.

I trust him and all, but still, I worried just a bit.

I'm getting Vibrams on those new Carpe S45Ms. I really hated to let those nails get covered up but I do think I'll wear them more with the protection.

Lokesh

Reaction score
Picked these OC boots up from Yoox. Heard some good and bad things about quality, but took a chance anyway. I was not expecting them to look this nice actually. Yoox pictures were terrible as usual. Says on the insole that they are entirely handmade. Seems extremely solid to me, but I'm no expert. The inside is lined with a really smooth leather. Feels really nice.

Only sucky part is that the damn instep is tight for me again :( Feels a bit better than the Juns I bought at one point though. Not sure if I should keep. Thoughts?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If not comfy on foot probs do not keep.

objection

Reaction score
i dunno if this is good for the boot, but the last one i had that was slightly too tight i wore with a thick sock and blowdried over the tight spots...worked for me to loosen it a bit but again i dunno how good it is for the leather!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, let me expound on my previous post. If uncomfy in a way unlikely to resolve itself, then probs do not keep.

Lokesh

Reaction score

Well, let me expound on my previous post. If uncomfy in a way unlikely to resolve itself, then probs do not keep.

Unfortunately I'm not experienced enough with boots and leather to know haha. I have a feeling these will never be comfortable on my feet.

My rational side is urging me to just send them back, but the other side is trying to make me believe that they will stretch and be fine. I guess I'm really disappointed that these don't fit because they are pretty much exactly what I've been looking for price/look wise.

i dunno if this is good for the boot, but the last one i had that was slightly too tight i wore with a thick sock and blowdried over the tight spots...worked for me to loosen it a bit but again i dunno how good it is for the leather!

I've also heard that a cobbler could potentially stretch the instep out. But I don't want to mess with them because if they are still not comfortable after all that, I can't send them back.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lokesh, I am not saying this as advice, and I don't know how MC shoes correlate to boots like those, but almost all of my best fitting shoes were a little bit tight to the point of almost being painful at the beginning.

Once the leather stretches a little bit they start to feel awesome. But it's hard to know when the tightness is just from being new and will loosen up and when that tightness is just because the shoe doesn't fit.

Sooooo good luck!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads