1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

2. bdude

bdude Senior member

^^ My thoughts as well but i love them too! Have gotten attached to my bootsies - they have become my best friends!:nodding:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  3. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

oh man whenever nicelynice posts pictures of those juun derbies my heart flutters

1 person likes this.
  4. flowcharts

flowcharts Senior member

So since this is the baller pants thread...

Picked up a pair of devoa destroyed silk secondhand; it's my first experience with the brand or pants this nice in general. I'm guessing care instructions are dryclean and nothing else ever? Also, does anyone do anything to keep raw hems from fraying way out of control? I was thinking something along the lines of seam tape on the inside of the leg just above the hem, so it can keep the raw, frayed edge but not progress too far up the leg over time. Am I being nonsensical?

Was also browsing derbies the other day and was wondering what happened to vaz rajan?

5. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Never had any problems with the frayed hems tearing away. I can't check as I'm at work, but is there not a seam running along the inside of the hem? Either way I wouldn't stress it. The destroyed silk fabric is great. If you're particularly worried about it, then just go with dry cleaning. Though I do the ol' garment bag and washing machine on a handwash cycle. Just gotta use the right detergent.

Pretty sure Vaz now works for Rick handling his footwear.

6. flowcharts

flowcharts Senior member

Cool, thanks for the input. Definitely loving this fabric so far, & interesting about vaz.

7. psydle

psydle Senior member

... yeeeah. I love that store but yeeeeah, hire some model guys. I'm 6 ft tall and 140 lb. I have no runway muscles but I spread out a size II/46 fit at least as well as anyone from darklands

8. psydle

psydle Senior member

you can get a tailor to drop a retaining stitch at the cuff too. My Zam Barrett stuff with a loose hem is all set up this way so that there is limit to the chaos. Its pretty hidden if they do it correctly. Just keeps the fray at bay. Hey, by the way, what do you think of the dye work on those? I'm watching a listing for a similar pair and was worried they'd be too blue/black.

9. psydle

psydle Senior member

What size are you again? 43-44 [​IMG]??? Ditch the Officine... they are a bad combo of guidi with the CCP toe shape.

Ok, I'm next. Pick my weak links in the lineup. I'm feeling claustrophobic with these beasts looming over me.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. psydle

psydle Senior member

oh yeah, I joined the baller derby debauchery. I'll post details once I have them on meine own zwei hooves. neigh, neigh, neigh, neigh, neigh, I sinks zatz zie laughingz [​IMG]

11. twdawson

twdawson Senior member

which pair gets the least wear?

though i know it's never that easy...

fwiw, i'd get rid of one of the R.O. creepers &/or one of the BBS flap/wraps

12. psydle

psydle Senior member

First off, Thanks @twdawson , honestly the RO creepers are like my house slippers. I walk to the farmers market in the mornings every weekend and they work great as rain/light snow boot. I'm already tentatively listing the string wrap BBS boot. You were dead on with that assessment. I walk an average of 3.5 miles a day so I demand a fit that doesn't slow me down at all in any urban situation. The BBS wraps are a little hard to get cinched up tight enough to run a subway stair. They are really stand out though and get more bystander comments than my far better boots.

13. twdawson

twdawson Senior member

@psydle – no experience with either brand's footwear honestly; i was just going off a "duplicate" rule

but i understand the hesitation.

guess at some point you gotta decide whether you can afford to be a collector...

1 person likes this.
  14. psydle

psydle Senior member

Pretty certain I made that decision already. Meet my heirs,
    1 boot per naked feline bastard. That is my last will and testament.

[​IMG]

As long as I can afford steak dinners for these beasts ( raw meat diet) , then I can afford exotic skin wrappers for my own toes.

yep, going with collector.

3 people like this.
  15. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

16. psydle

psydle Senior member

Edit

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  17. psydle

psydle Senior member

good call but also I am far enough along in this obsession now that I know which editions I will regret wearing out from daily use. Speaking of which, I've been wearing the a1923 STE reverse horse boots 14+ hours days this week.

18. flowcharts

flowcharts Senior member

Thanks for the tip. My pair is AW13/14, they're pretty much a flat black

19. bdude

bdude Senior member

I am 44. Yeah officine chelseas get least wear so they will be going ( not bad boots though and very comfy). Your line up is nice but again depends on what you wear on top. I can not wear RO footwear ( and i have tried). So my vote is creepers and bbs reversed out ;)

1 person likes this.
  20. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Family complete [​IMG]

Back row :
    CCP Bison workboots
    Augusta culatta SP2
    Augusta oiled horse double zip

Front row:
    Augusta buffalo sneakers
    CCP Bison derbys