The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

well its not exactly 1.5 because cp runs .5-1 size large, red wing idk, and nike too has random sizing, i wear a 10.5 in air max 95, and an 11 in dunks

2. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

45 should be good. You want the boots, esp. the zip boots, to be decently tight at first or your feet will slosh around when they've stretched.

3. dustwulf

dustwulf New Member

Yeah I was thinking like I'm a 43 in CPs, not too tight though so probably sized down .5 for those, redwings run about .5-1 as well, and most other shoes fit me at 10.5 or 43.5 so a 45 would be about 1.5 up from that. Sizing confuses me haha, wish I could go try some on but no stockists anywhere near me.

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

where you at?

try and buy from a place with a return policy

5. dustwulf

dustwulf New Member

Cool, thanks. Yeah, that would be horrible walking around in boots that are too big, nice thing about leather is how well it can stretch.

At the moment found some 45s for a good deal from an independent seller, don't want to make anybody take a return from me because I didn't do my research. I think 45s will be good though.

6. chinesealpha

chinesealpha Senior member

[​IMG]

From the MC Leather Properties thread.

On the right is a deglazed cordovan Alden Indy. The factory acrylic finish was stripped off using a solvent. Much of the waterproofness and indestructability of cordovan, or at least Horween cordovan, can be probably be attributed to this finish, and not to the leather itself.

Needless to say, I think the deglazed leather looks way better than the plasticky shoe on the left.

7. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

If you end up not buying them I'd be interested in who this seller is.

FWIW I'm a 44 in CP and wear 45s in Guidi backzips so if you're a 43 CP then they might be slightly too big. Could always wear thicker socks or add an insole though.

8. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

Alpha- I agree, but the plastic-y shoe on the left will look fantastic broken in. Local shop owner was wearing his 9 year old longwings, and they'd lost the plastic-y-ness, and it was replaced by, well, age and beauty. Sometimes I think the shortcuts don't actually help much long term...

9. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

The problem with CPs is that they are narrow width wise. My measurements are same as Dustwulf- 11inch. CPs in 43 killed my feet. Length was perfect though, way too narrow width wise. If i had gone a size up, length wise it would have caused heel slippage.

10. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

I have a previous iteration of that model and it runs a full size large, so probably you could get a 43 if they haven't changed sizing. I'm a true 41 and a 40 fits me well.

I also tried another pair of 10 sei 0 otto boots (different model) in size 41 and it was way too big, even with an insole.

11. 1974

1974 Well-Known Member

individual sentiments shoes, just borrowed from hide-m newsletter [​IMG]
    next week i will post some pics from my shoes (black/blue watersnake) after some happy days

watersnake
    [​IMG]

rigo cow
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014

12. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

I posted these 10 sei 0 otto a while back and now they have them in fascinate:

[​IMG]

But look at the description:

Back Zip Boots constructed from Calf leather layered with aluminum. The aluminum layer makes the leather moldable and form changing.

Is that something new or it's been done before? Sounds... uncomfortable. The boots look good, though.

13. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

14. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

15. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Aluminium in boots has been done before. The crushable boots by CCP come to mind.

[​IMG]