• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like those red ones. Not sure why red boots are appealing to me right now.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes or No? These are the actually pair

photo3-3.jpg

photo2-5.jpg

photo1-5.jpg

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 50/50 on the scarring. Reminds me of CCP's cuba-ptc or cubs-ptc leather: it's really hard to get a pair with the same amount of scarring on both sides.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm 50/50 on the scarring. Reminds me of CCP's cuba-ptc or cubs-ptc: it's really hard to to get a pair with the same amount of scarring on both sides.

yea they do really remind me of CCP, i'll be honest i'd prefer a little less folding like that but the cool thing is those boots will look almost the same after 2 years of wear

Edgein

Reaction score
I like them a lot. Wish I could fit them. I'm not worried about the folding personally. You can't argue with the quality.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it was just the creasing it would be one thing, but from the pics/scarring it will look like you bought each side separately. The leathers look different tool.

For baller shoes, you should be 100% happy with them; nothing less, even when on sale.

What you don't like about them will keep coming up in your head every time you wear them.

Edgein

Reaction score
Hard to see the varying degree of distress on the two in your scans. If you like the boots and they're comfortable, go for it. The heck with what anyone else says.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hard to see the varying degree of distress on the two in your scans.  If you like the boots and they're comfortable, go for it.  The heck with what anyone else says.

here's another pic- I'll probably sleep on it and make up my mind tomorrow.

Image4-1.jpg

Here are come ccp scarred footwear images (reversed/scarred side)

4835482656_0c9f48efb0.jpg

r00114542.jpg

Joint_1.jpg

l1060309.jpg

l1060310.jpg

Last edited:

Edgein

Reaction score
My Augusta derbies are more smooth and less folded than those boots, more equivalent. Your boots still look good regardless.

Raw Selvedge

Reaction score
I'm generally not a fan of the ripple type scarring, I don't mind regular distressing but the ripples look like it's melted/burned or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads