• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Raw Selvedge

Reaction score

arent these the ones the user dyed

No the ones that were dyed were like these and then dyed black.

they are cool but back lace sounds like a pain
TTS from my exp
damn thats instore huh... can i call them?

Yeah I would think back laces would be a pain to do up aswell, and tbh unless you tuck or wear them with cropped pants you won't be able to see the laces anyway, I would go for backzips instead, which I did but then sold :p

kejan

Reaction score
MA+ run true to size in basically every shoe/boot. The clothing, on the other hand, is not as consistent.

shady_2001

Reaction score
not quite, ccp has a sharper toe than this one. that said, i like them.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was able to snag these from the Barney's sale... most likely going back on Monday :(

IMG_1381.jpg

Last edited:

chomeo

Reaction score
that toebox is similar to my work boots! the leather, toebox get so much better when worn in.

localman

Reaction score
Those Kangaroo Guidi's look pretty good at a pretty good price point. If I wasn't broke as **** I'd probably snatch those up. My typical size is a 44 though I'd say depending on the last that I wear a 45 in Guidi after having them stretched a bit, this is contrary to the widely held belief that you should size up 2 sizes.

The size 45 995's I bought that were too small and had one that was much tighter than the other especially through the vamp have made a great turnaround (with a bit of coaxing). I had them stretched and Vibram'd at Vic's Shoe repair in Burbank* and now they fit perfect. Seriously I could not hope for a better fit.

One question I do have is my big toe seems to be making an impression in the top of the toe box. Is there any way to remedy this? I was thinking of taking a thicker piece of leather and skyving it down so it's not a huge chunk and then maybe using some Barge or Copydex to stick inside the toe box of the boot. Just to add a bit of thickness where my toe hits top making it less prone to indentation.

Any thoughts on that?

Here is a fit pic of the boots with some standard Epaulet chinos (Better to be worn with something slimmer but alas this is not the picture).

*Thin line Vibram on the sole and the heel as well as heel taps and stretching was $55. Dropped off on Friday afternoon picked up on Tuesday afternoon.

Last edited:

Magic1

Reaction score
localman, I think that's a good idea. I did that with a pair of of chukka's I had a while back. I don't see an impression in the picture you posted, but if you see it, then it must be there. the extra piece of leather will disperse the pressure from your toe and the indentation won't be as pronounced as the presser will be more dispersed. There's no need to use a super thick piece of leather. The real thing you want it there for is to prevent your toe from affecting the integrity of the leather at the indentation point.

eck, those boot are phenomenal. one of my favorite augusta's

tellure

Reaction score
Stopped by Maxfields LA today to see what was on sale; not much in Guidi - just a black derby and an off-white/distressed derby. They were $600-something marked down to $429 I think?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads