• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
41 and 42 sir.
Well, you know what they say about big feet... big shoes. Unfortunately, I need at a size 45. In select Guidi models, a size 44 works for me, but a 42 would only work if I chopped off all my toes, and I feel like those might be important.

What do you have in 45?

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Jobst are size of a shoe and fit of a shoe the same thing?

You can size something spot on but it won’t fit well.
The size of the shoe and the fit are not exactly the same, but they are not unrelated. After all, their is no other purpose in assigning a size to a (RTW or MTO) shoe, except to try to get a customer into shoes that fit, as well as possible, as quickly as possible.

Personally, I feel that the Brannock device is nearly completely useless. I personally prefer a relative sizing matrix, so that people can compare with pairs of shoes that fit them. This implicitly takes into account important factors that the Brannock device does not, like the volume of the foot, the shape (or lack thereof) of the arches, the preferred fit, etc... For example, I was taught to size feet in what used to be the "standard" convention, that for non-elongated shoes, there ought to be about 1/2" to 3/4" of space between the end of the big toe and the end of the toe box to avoid jamming. However, I know some people who wear their shoes so that you can see their big toe right up against the end of the toebox. I can't personally fathom how this could be even remotely comfortable, but some people prefer this.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yea relative sizing matrix is a bit better. nothing truly beats trying on the shoe to make sure like what i did with the guidi.

anyways, i find most size 44 / 11US shoes fit me spot on, i have never really had a sizing issue except for when i tried to figure out Alden back in the day and for some reason the guy at the store sized me to a 9.5d barrie which is essentially a 10, my foot fit but super snug and not in a comfortable way. With my current knowledge i have plenty of footwear that fits spot on but roomy. I always prefer roomy anyways as i hate constriction. I believe soft sneakers are ok to be snug for me but not boots/dress shoes.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On the topic of comfort. I do want to put it out there that of all the artisan designers i have tried (save for Mmoira and maybe some other smaller ones) i find CCP to be the most comfortable. Out of the box the boots come with an insole and are easy to walk in, almost no break in period. Whereas a1923 and others have broken my feet pretty bad. I still wear what i wear but i know ccp hits the sweet spot for me.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, you know what they say about big feet... big shoes. Unfortunately, I need at a size 45. In select Guidi models, a size 44 works for me, but a 42 would only work if I chopped off all my toes, and I feel like those might be important.

What do you have in 45?

Cheers,

Fok.

Fok, I PM'd you.

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
I've got a buddy wanting some Carpes in destroyed horse and (here's the kicker) in size 44. Anyone got a lead, that doesn't cost $1000? WJK/Jun Hashimoto/maybe even Vadel models are OK.

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have a Guidi line sheet or some kind of shoe style/model number guide? Mainly looking to match a pair I have in my head with the model number so I can custom order.

beepbop

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have a Guidi line sheet or some kind of shoe style/model number guide? Mainly looking to match a pair I have in my head with the model number so I can custom order.

Here's a link to current season models: http://www.guidi.it/flip/unisex.html

For anything not listed there, I'm sure there are people here who can probably help you figure out the model.

fistinyoface

Reaction score
I've got a buddy wanting some Carpes in destroyed horse and (here's the kicker) in size 44. Anyone got a lead, that doesn't cost $1000? WJK/Jun Hashimoto/maybe even Vadel models are OK.

Yeah, me. I have some destroyed horse Carpe's I'd sell. Hit me up and let me know..

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shameless plug, I’m selling my opposite side Culotta a1923 dual zips, size 44 fit TTS, haven’t been wearing them because they don’t really fit my needs anymore.

Grilled keeps giving me crappy offers, PM me if anyone is interested would much rather someone here enjoy them.

JSAN

Reaction score
Do the new Carpes have some sort of insole already I could take out to replace with my own?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads