• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean haha.... i don't think a single person here agrees with you that has had experience ;p Or do you think both nicelynice and eton who have said their luc and breadstick sizes are lying to us? :)

scanner

Reaction score
Got my A1923 Derbies in already... Literally took 1 Business day from London to California.. Incredible.

Beautiful shoes, but I probably could have sized down even more to 42 (I'm 11 / 44).

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think my boots are coming today too with both of my frank leder shipments. Exciting stuff for sure.

Sizing down 2?? that sounds crazy to me. i went tts with my aw14 derbies and they fit perfectly or maybe 1/2 size down (i think I'm normally a 8.5 but I went with size 41 on the derbies).

Went with 42 on the spiral zips since well with taller boots you can get away with more. Shaft will hold your feet in!

scanner

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, sizing down 1 works fine, but theres a little room that i'm sure will become more apparent once they stretch out a bit.

And they're from Library/Farfetch.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Got my A1923 Derbies in already... Literally took 1 Business day from London to California.. Incredible. 

Beautiful shoes, but I probably could have sized down even more to 42 (I'm 11 / 44). 

that is nuts, i am a 44 as well dropping 2 sizes would be insane for me

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm still awaiting my Layer-0 Goodyear Derbies from PN/P. That's gonna be a happy day.

I hope they treat your feet better. They are nice (I bought eckblk's from him), but I need an insole or something to raise my feet somewhat because in 30 minutes to 1 hr of wear the sides of derbies tear into the outside parts of both ankles -- to the point of bleeding laf.

I think I'd heard uzairh has had some sort of comfort issue as well -- but I don't know if its in the same area or the exact same model.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're these but in full grain.

Special order from back in December. Hoping for the best.

scanner

Reaction score
I hope they treat your feet better. They are nice (I bought eckblk's from him), but I need an insole or something to raise my feet somewhat because in 30 minutes to 1 hr of wear the sides of derbies tear into the outside parts of both ankles -- to the point of bleeding laf.

I think I'd heard uzairh has had some sort of comfort issue as well -- but I don't know if its in the same area or the exact same model.

I have the exact same issue with these A1923 derbies.. I need some thick ass socks or something haha.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why I will no longer buy derbies without trying them on first. Much less unforgiving in sizing and comfort than boots, which can be fixed with an insole or good stretch

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same issue, but with 2 other models of the L-0 derbies. Easily fixed by using an insole.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not a lot of places, unfortunately - most of the stuff at secondhand shops is designer stuff like Rick Owens, CdG, Raf Simons, etc and mid-tier stuff like Attachment and Lad Musician. Julius, however, is everywhere.

Your best bet are the following three places which do stock a bit of LUC / CCP / etc - luckily they're right next to each other. They're all chains with multiple outlets, make sure you go to the following locations:

This Kind store (it's a chain, this one has the artisanal stuff, 5th floor). Good Julius selection here
https://goo.gl/maps/m7V0m

This Rinkan (basement floor). Again, good Julius selection
https://goo.gl/maps/QH158

This Ragtag has a TINY rack of artisanal stuff on the basement, more Casey / Geoffery B Small / Arts + Science-type stuff than the brands discussed in this thread, though.
https://goo.gl/maps/ierjI

So i may be in tokyo in the fall, not sure when yet but are there more stores then the ones you mentioned to see in tokyo? Last i was there was 2009 and i was not into ccp/ma+/a1923/devoa/etc....

Whats the best way of gathering a list to see the shops?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene