• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BCH - I pm'd it to you. Happy Hunting
I never got the 9.5. Would somebody be kind enough to send it along? Thanks!

mrfixit

Reaction score
shot in the dark here. I received J Crew captoe boots in size 9.5D and 10D. my right foot fits the 10 better, but my left suits the 9.5. if you are the opposite, i'll sell you these for what i paid which included a 30% discount. there are no creases or signs of wear on either pair. PM if interested.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shot in the dark here. I received J Crew captoe boots in size 9.5D and 10D. my right foot fits the 10 better, but my left suits the 9.5. if you are the opposite, i'll sell you these for what i paid which included a 30% discount. there are no creases or signs of wear on either pair. PM if interested.

Haha that's funny.. my left is usually 10D and my right is 9.5D

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK - I'm in serious Alden covet mode now, and since I'm guessing that it might be 2017 or later before I have a chance to get the Ravello NST boots I really want, I'm thinking about two more pairs of boots.

Several things:
- Apparently I'm a wingtip guy. All three boots I'm considering are wingtips (Snuff and either Brown CXL or Tan Calf). I'd pick two, bringing my wingtip total to four in my general rotation of about eight and five total out of ten pairs of leather shoes. I'm strange and picky about shoes - there's far more I don't like than I do, but longwing/shortwing styles are almost always to my liking in Alden/AE. I've got good variety of colors/styles, but the question is: Is that too many wingtips?
- Anyone have any of these boots and comments on how they age? I'm wondering if the brown CXL will weather to be a little casual for business casual... Hoping the suede ages gracefully... (I'm a definite believer in shoe trees)
- What's the cycle on the custom builds and is there any resource out there to point to the various combinations? The TSM site alone beggars the Alden catalog for alternatives, especially when you add eyelet styles/colors, soles, etc.
- Is there a season or timing to anything in particular? e.g. "ravello shell is once a year in the Fall at LeatherSoul" or "Alden releases its MTO's in April and October"

Sorry for all the questions - a noob with a fixation is a dangerous thing... ;)

narm60

Reaction score
shot in the dark here.  I received J Crew captoe boots in size 9.5D and 10D.  my right foot fits the 10 better, but my left suits the 9.5.  if you are the opposite, i'll sell you these for what i paid which included a 30% discount. there are no creases or signs of wear on either pair. PM if interested.

Haha that's funny.. my left is usually 10D and my right is 9.5D

You guys are solemates

Rstldr

Reaction score
990 maiden voyage plus bad hotel carpet still equals Alden!

Ccw55

Reaction score
Hi guys! Stumbled onto this thread a couple of weeks ago - Aldens (especially shell) look amazing.

I'm considering if I should get a pair of 974 wingtips in colour 8. Could anyone comment on how the colour changes when the shoes age?

I've read that alden applies dye on their colour 8 shell to bring out an eggplant/burgundy colour, and I've also seen a couple of pictures where 974s become almost completely brown after a few years. Is this the norm for alden's colour 8 shell? If so, is there a way to maintain its original burgundy colour?

Thanks guys!

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grained calf leather LHS Van last from Anatomica [/quote] Gorgeous. Hardly anyone does a grained Alden loafer and I always wondered why. I love the look, C&J does a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads