• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GONZOtheMAN

Reaction score
Wow, those have patina'd beautifully. That looks like direct sunlight, though, right?

Yep, picture was taken in direct sunlight. The sun makes a huge difference. It’s funny when I wear these in the office they don’t look anything like that. I’ve put a good amount of miles on these since I tend to go for walks during lunch. I’m interested to see how they look in a year if I keep wearing them frequently. I store them in the closet to avoid any accelerated fading.

YouArePOWER

Reaction score
I am headed to Washington DC soon and am wondering if any of you gentlemen have been to Alden of DC lately. Any rare shell or any other interesting make-ups there?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

They still have a couple pairs of the Cigar cap toe bluchers on Aberdeen, if that interests you. The color 8 wingtip boot on Barrie with commando sole and antique edging that @zennypoo mentioned...is indeed going to happen, according to what Kathy told me today.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The final stretch: Tanker conversion project almost finished:

He's doing a fantastic job finishing the edge trim on these conversions. I wonder what he uses on them as the finish product, makes me want to change the edge trim on my AE Patriot loafers.

aldenwear

Reaction score
Any retailers stock a bal like this? On plaza would be the bees knees.

Alden of Madison today (May 13) announced they have a balmoral cap toe in color 8 in stock. There is no brogueing on the toe - it is a plain cap - but it is a balmoral and a great looking shoe. It is on the Hampton last, not plaza.

For plaza last shoes, contact Yenni at brick + mortar. I am not aware of her having a shoe like that in the queue, but it cannot hurt to suggest.

aldenwear

Reaction score
Thank you all for your advice on my 1st pair of Aldens. I ended up getting a slightly different version of the burgundy mediallian captoe - the 908 balmoral model. I think they are absolutely stunning but I'm curious to hear if you guys think they are a good, versatile first pair. I haven't worn them yet because I keep asking myself "is this the right pair?" - which under normal circumstance wouldn't be a question if not for the price, which is more than I've ever paid for shoes before.

http://aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=36
Great choice. Traditionally, balmoral is considered to be more dressy than than the derby so if you are getting to wear with suits, the balmoral is more for suits. This kind of distinction is breaking down and I would say whichever style you like better is what you should choose. Put them on and enjoy them.

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been asked to send two different paypal invoices when selling a pair of shoes?

They're expensive - rare shell - so I understand the request from the aspect of two invoices allows for you to more easily pay with two different methods/cards. But it seems like it would make it easier for you to contest a payment and screw over a buyer, right? You could claim you mistakenly paid twice?

I don't have a lot of experience with selling and I have no idea what the process is when a buyer fraudulently requests a refund. I feel like I've heard that as a seller you are pretty much guaranteed to lose, though. Anyone have thoughts?

The buyer is a SF user with not a lot of posting history but he has the right kind of posting history (the right threads for what he's buying, basically) and seems totally normal.

hkpm

Reaction score
I have been thinking to purchase a pair of #8 plain toe boot, but I got a pair of unlined #8 ptb already.
Both of them are in barrie last.
Do you guys think it is redundant ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads