• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I try to look for the silver lining.... Having to wait for pre-orders actually helped me space out the cash flow requirements :nodding:

Very true! Although I think I have 3 pairs that are scheduled to arrive within the next 2-3 months. I need to try and restrain myself from getting on too many more pre-orders.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Hard to imagine few, if any, of those who purchase whiskey shell boots doing manual labor in them. There are some dudes who are afraid to subject certain shell shoes to rain. Cheers.

Smooth, I completely agree. Personally I am NOT going to do my muddy yard work in $800 that took me 2 years of inquiring and waiting to get. That logic for me applied genetically to the Cordovan Indy Boot. Thus I prefer to "class" it up a notch by Plaza-fying it...

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sh$t. I better wear mine for the first time before the next batch hits...

How you guys go so long with unworn stuff is beyond me lol (well besides the Mdubs level collections maybe). I had to break out the Tanker on carpet for a bit tonight because I was so excited to wear them. It's also going to be really hot tomorrow but that won't stop me :)

Last edited:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sh$t. I better wear mine for the first time before the next batch hits...

you and me both, haven't even slipped them on
redface.gif

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
How you guys go so long with unworn stuff is beyond me lol (well besides the Mdubs level collections maybe). I had to break out the Tanker on carpet for a bit tonight because I was so excited to wear them. It's also going to be really hot tomorrow but that won't stop me
smile.gif

Hah, part of my problem is the volume in which I have ingested, but part of my problem is that I have created a clearly defined process of receiving and then photographing (logging) my new purchases for my sake and to try and help the community. I do not always necessarily "intentionally" hold onto unworn shoes for prolonged periods of time. The photography of my shoes tends to be the long pole in the tent.

CEE88

Reaction score

Maybe people were just properly fitted back in the day.

Interesting thought. I do find it strange that most stores offer wide and even sometimes extra-wide fittings in a lot of different styles, but narrow and extra-narrow shoes are much much harder to come by. Are there more wide-footed people out there, or are there just more of them buying higher quality footwear?

Agree with both your sentiments. Not sure about the question whether wide footed guys are getting classier than their EEEE-footed ancestors (lol!) - maybe somebody else has an opinion on that one.

It wasn't THAT long ago that you could walk into a local shoe store and pick up wide OR narrow widths for shoes like Allen Edmonds or (Made in Maine) Bass. I still remember trying and buying C width Weejuns (kids size), at a local shop. Alden seems to carry a pretty decent range of widths for stock shell & non-shell models. Shouldn't fit, width in particular, be even MORE important for a $700+ shoe? I feel like I've compromised on ideal fit with special make up shells at least 3 or 4 times. Strange, because they're truly custom shoes, right?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah, part of my problem is the volume in which I have ingested, but part of my problem is that I have created a clearly defined process of receiving and then photographing (logging) my new purchases for my sake and to try and help the community. I do not always necessarily "intentionally" hold onto unworn shoes for prolonged periods of time. The photography of my shoes tends to be the long pole in the tent.

I am sure many members, such as myself, are very thankful and appreciate your photos. I have more than a few sets of your pics saved in my shoe want folder. The latest being the Whiskey PTB you posted not long ago.

CEE88

Reaction score

nephew,
thank you
one of there best models, introduced in 1947 by alden, and standard stock with no wait time

When you see it in the context of all the other beautiful Aldens pictured here, it really does look fresh & timeless. I have never worn a tassel shoe in my life, but seeing your photos makes me want to give it (model 563?) a try.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nephew,
thank you
one of there best models, introduced in 1947 by alden, and standard stock with no wait time
For those new to Aldens, it's worth noting that some of the best make-ups are the regular offerings in black and color 8. This thread is heavily skewed towards exotic shell colors and boots, but the more I buy, the more I appreciate models like the 563/664, 684/6845, 2210/2211, 9015/9016, 975/9751, 990/9901, etc. My opinion only, but one shared by many of my fellow collectors.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ 9751 is a workhorse, and built like a freaking tank! I wear mine with everything from jeans to suits. Enjoy!

AldenKappa

Reaction score

Speaking of 9571's, I just got mine in the mail today!

-Mike

Please post some pics of the 9751. On another business trip this week with the 975 and natty CXL LWB and looking at adding the 9751 to the rotation.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ 9751 is a workhorse, and built like a freaking tank! I wear mine with everything from jeans to suits. Enjoy!

Indeed...

Worn frequently, but highly underrated!

@mdubs enjoy them in great health Mike!

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
^ gorgeous. god damnit why cant alden make c width barrie shoes?

NAMOR, I guess that I do not completely understand this comment. Alden can indeed make B through EEE width shoes on the Barrie Last. However, I have been told that Alden has depricated several of their A-width lasts on the Barrie without the intent of replacing them. I can speak for that explicitly on the 10.5A and 11A front. But, I have held and tried on a C width last, specially a LWB on the Barrie in 10C (with that said, I have also tried on an 11A and 10.5A, which fortunately did not work for me, as it is no longer available). It is possible, that Alden does not make a C width last in your length (I believe that you are 12 or 12.5) due to the lack of market or some other consideration (amount of wood required to make a last that large!). :)

With that said, getting narrow shoes kind of sucks as Alden will typically only allow 3 different widths to be made on any particular run. Pre-ordering is the only way for me to get B widths on my Aldens and that requires some patience and perseverance and sometimes I get cut out by the EE or EEEs... :)

Finally, for any Alden "standard shoe model" (ones available on aldenshoe.com), they can be ordered at any time in any size of which they have a last for and they will make them as soon as possible (presumably when they do another run of that model).

-Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads