• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here are my 2011-2012 Ravellos and 2012 Cigar LWB. Are these old or new school Ravello?

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's the shade and not the shell you're after for your wardrobe, get the cigar LWB and the waxed tobacco from JCrew, which seems closer to "vintage" Ravello.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If it's the shade and not the shell you're after for your wardrobe, get the cigar LWB and the waxed tobacco from JCrew, which seems closer to "vintage" Ravello.

Thanks for the idea, but it is the unique Alden shell luster that I'm after.

circleslife

Reaction score
If Nick Horween was quoted correctly, we might see more batches of Ravello including from Leffot and jcrew since it looks like the supplies are returning. If you can, order both, and sell them if you don't like it. The regret from missing out once these show up will be too much imo. Order both if you can, and pick later once you have them in your hands.

gosheik

Reaction score

Raw photos (no filters) of J.Crew Tobacco after a fresh brushing and a bit of Venetian balm--one indoors, one in direct sunlight (minutes apart). Not quite the sheen and variation of ravello shell, but you can see how close they are in shade. This pair has been worn dozens of times, and is gradually developing a patina that resembles variations in stained wood (sort of :)

ynapusyt.jpg
uqe3a3e8.jpg

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both the tobacco waxed LWB and the ravello. The j crew make-up is no substitute for the ravello, not even close.

Still a great shoe, my first Alden.

gosheik

Reaction score

Quote:I have both the tobacco waxed LWB and the ravello. The j crew make-up is no substitute for the ravello, not even close.

Still a great shoe, my first Alden.
Now that's a comparison that's hard to argue with! But note how my indoor shot looks at least slightly closer in color.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that's a comparison that's hard to argue with! But note how my indoor shot looks at least slightly closer in color.
Sure, the color is in the same ballpark. If you already have the j crew make-up, I would get the Cigar. If opportunity and means exist, I would also get the ravello.

dslonghorn4

Reaction score
Got a call from Alden DC earlier this week of a Cigar CT boot in 8.5E. Apparently, the boot was made with no names on the list. Similar to others who ordered from this run, the color is absolutely beautiful (no filters).

Last edited:

thromb

Reaction score

Got a call from Alden DC earlier this week of a Cigar CT boot in 8.5E. Apparently, the boot was made with no names on the list. Similar to others who ordered from this run, the color is absolutely beautiful (no filters).
Congrats, they're gorgeous.

gosheik

Reaction score
Congrats, they're gorgeous.
Beautiful, and to think that I passed when I got the call. Wear them in good health.

TommyB

Reaction score
I went with the ravello LWBs from AoC, hope there will be some red/orange in them and not only brown, but could live with that too. I think the sole edge will look quite nice with the ravello.

Regarding "new" and "old" ravello, I ordered a pair of ravello chukkas earlier this year, and when they showed up one shoe was brown-brown while the other one was red-brown (I returned them...) so even new ravello can have some red/orange in them. Unfortunately in my case only one of the shoes was like this, but it gives me a little bit of hope about the ravello LWBs and future ravello shoes/boots.

Last edited:

digga

Reaction score
Hey kwhite, can you or anyone else confirm Adam's email? Just wanted to be cautious/double check because it seemed a little odd that he wouldn't accept credit card and only accepted a mailed-in money order or a wire transfer. Thanks guys!

When I purchased shoes from them I was able to use my credit card on the website. There is a box on the order form to put in the model number. I certainly wouldn't mail a check to Adam or anyone else claiming to be Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads