• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Totally new to this thread. Bought my first pair of Aldens a month ago (LWB in Cigar) and since then have been reading this forum, and have purchased a pair of LHS (Color 8) and Full Strap Loafers (Color 8). Really loving the brand, and already have the itch to get another pair. This forum is awesome, and while I find it strange to be reading/posting about shoes, I can't really help it. My wife also wonders the same, but she is comforted by the fact that there are worse things I could be doing online...

Any thoughts on what a good next pair would be? My job is primarily business casual, and I spend equal time outside of that in jeans and suits. I'm lazy, so I usually prefer to wear loafers, but game for anything. Really digging the Indy boot, thought I live in sunny So Cal and not sure how much versatility I'd get from it. The NST looks cool, but if I go split toe, the EG Dover seems like it'd be the natural choice.

The rest of my collection: John Lobb (Paris) monks in brown, Barker Black chestnut Crown loafers, Bally rubber soled black loafers, and the C&J Hallam black captoe bal oxford.

Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for the great thread!

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on what a good next pair would be? My job is primarily business casual, and I spend equal time outside of that in jeans and suits. I'm lazy, so I usually prefer to wear loafers, but game for anything. Really digging the Indy boot, thought I live in sunny So Cal and not sure how much versatility I'd get from it. The NST looks cool, but if I go split toe, the EG Dover seems like it'd be the natural choice.

I'd vote for the Indy boot, it's one of Alden's classics. It's not just for winter or rainy weather. Indiana Jones trekked through the Sahara in the Summer wearing them after all.

Last edited:

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The rest of my collection: John Lobb (Paris) monks in brown, Barker Black chestnut Crown loafers, Bally rubber soled black loafers, and the C&J Hallam black captoe bal oxford.

Welcome!

You have a nice collection already. You have your loafers, wing tips and black cap toes already. You have brown, black and color 8 already. You like the boot but worry about how it will do in your climate. Sounds to me like you're a prime candidate for the suede chukka, a lazy man's boot:

CTYGGG

Reaction score

My new Roden Gray waxed reverse chamois ptb with my recently cleaned Snuff Suede ptb. I like the reverse chamois much more than I thought thought I would. They will probably end up getting more wear than the snuff suede, and will probably last longer too. It looks to be a great travel shoe, very comfortable, durable, and able to be dressed up or down should the situation require it.
Does anyone know the best way to care for this unique material? Should it be treated any different than standard suede (i.e suede spray, suede brush, eraser, suede shampoo)? Any insight would be appreciated.

Reverse chamois is great very durable, the only downside I've noticed on my Winn Perry Little Tanks is that they pickup lint. They are my go to bad weather boot. To maintain them use neatsfoot oil occasionally, otherwise wear and enjoy. Wear them in health.

Little Tanks on the left…
IMG_1052.jpg

In the wild with snow…
ca86c4e3.jpg

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

she is comforted by the fact that there are worse things I could be doing online...

Like the AE Seconds thread? LOL

I'd go for a boot, man. I know that your in SoCal, but if you're in jeans a lot, then for me a boot is natural. Doesn't have to be something uber heavy, or even shell. I know this fall will produce a couple of great boots I'll want to desperately grab...

Reaction score

How viable is shoe stretching? Does it affect the look of the boot/shoe?

Shoe stretching will not work lengthwise. It will only help if you need a wider shoe. At least that is what the cobblers have told me. I tried it on a couple of pairs of Allen Edmonds leather dress shoes, and I cannot feel the difference, if there is any.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My stretcher does length and width. Though I've only used it for width. Looks like it pushes the heel back.

Edgein

Reaction score
I just wear a heavy pair of socks for a little while at home. Works for me. Otherwise, get a bigger size?

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

#8 PTB's the Fed-ex man delivered today :)

These are about a billion-times shinier than my Wolverine 721's. I can't wait to get some nice creases going.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi all,

Totally new to this thread.  Bought my first pair of Aldens a month ago (LWB in Cigar) and since then have been reading this forum, and have purchased a pair of LHS (Color 8) and Full Strap Loafers (Color 8).  Really loving the brand, and already have the itch to get another pair.  This forum is awesome, and while I find it strange to be reading/posting about shoes, I can't really help it.  My wife also wonders the same, but she is comforted by the fact that there are worse things I could be doing online...

Any thoughts on what a good next pair would be?  My job is primarily business casual, and I spend equal time outside of that in jeans and suits.  I'm lazy, so I usually prefer to wear loafers, but game for anything.  Really digging the Indy boot, thought I live in sunny So Cal and not sure how much versatility I'd get from it.  The NST looks cool, but if I go split toe, the EG Dover seems like it'd be the natural choice.  

Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for the great thread!

welcome to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads