• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Besides making sure your new shoes fit, what does this mac method do better than just wearing them?

Is the mac method to be applied even with a pair of shoes you know fit correctly and you will want to keep and wear? Or is this mac method purely to decide if you want to keep the shoes?

It's a pair of shoes. Wear them however you want. Wearing them on carpet helps to keep from wearing out the toe before the sole breaks in (if you're a toe dragger)

Some times the idiocy of this place is surprising.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No, I haven't. I was just getting to the point of finding some of that or Venetian when I ran across the Alden product. I'm happy with the results so far, so I'll probably stick with it. Here are the whiskey chukkas I used it on.
a8654863.jpg

Beautiful whiskey chukkas. I just wore mine this past weekend and feel like they get better and better with age.

Gunner72

Reaction score

It's a pair of shoes. Wear them however you want. Wearing them on carpet helps to keep from wearing out the toe before the sole breaks in (if you're a toe dragger)
Some times the idiocy of this place is surprising.

To clarify ( a la "guns don't kill people, people do...") - this place isn't idiotic, but some of the visitors to this place are another story altogether.

I've read through entire forum and don't remember seeing this specific explanation:

"Wearing them on carpet helps to keep from wearing out the toe before the sole breaks in (if you're a toe dragger)."

I don't think it's that obvious and that's actually what makes your question a good one.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

6581836f.jpg

Ultimate Indy waiting for a long flight

Glad to see I'm not the only one who wears Indies while travelling - they aren't the most security checkpoint conducive footwear, but a lot of times I can only take on pair of shoes/boots with me and the 405s win out most of those times.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've traveled with the Indy and it was surprisingly easy to get them on and off thanks to the speedhooks

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've traveled with the Indy and it was surprisingly easy to get them on and off thanks to the speedhooks

I have flown a ton over the past year and a half wearing 405s and my usual approach is the morning before a flight when I put the boots on to just skip the speedhooks altogether and lace around the ankle until I get through security.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No, I haven't. I was just getting to the point of finding some of that or Venetian when I ran across the Alden product. I'm happy with the results so far, so I'll probably stick with it. Here are the whiskey chukkas I used it on.
a8654863.jpg

nephew,
looksvery good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads