• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DSC00916.jpg
#8 Cap Toe Boot Pantharella Socks

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
McArthur is like the Godfather of Shell to us Alden Fans. He's an excellent source of knowledge/ advice (see "break in procedure" and "mac-method of care") and heck of a nice guy, besides that. Just a sign of respect.
I remember only seeing a single sf'er call macArthur uncle, so naturally I thought they were related.
laugh.gif
It all makes sense. Thanks!
Originally Posted by tropics
we are all hoping to inherit his collection one day
teacha.gif
drool.gif
smile.gif

oh.. hey uncle!
biggrin.gif
Originally Posted by mcarthur
5vonia.jpg

color 8 ptb argyles otc

lovely

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb
I realize there are entire threads devoted to this question, but they are older...

I need a dress belt (wearing with a suit) that matches whiskey shell and I only have tomorrow to find one. Can't order online. Any suggestions on where to find one/what to look for? I have a few malls and a bunch of other stores I can go to. I already tried 3 Brooks Brothers, including Madison Ave, and found nothing.

If you're in Manhattan try:

Citishoes on Park, they carry Trafalgar belts and you'll be able to find a tan belt that matches up nicely (at least in terms of color) with Whiskey shell; or

Alden NY on Madison - I was there today and they have some Alden Whiskey shell belts but they are in larger sizes.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb
I realize there are entire threads devoted to this question, but they are older...

I need a dress belt (wearing with a suit) that matches whiskey shell and I only have tomorrow to find one. Can't order online. Any suggestions on where to find one/what to look for? I have a few malls and a bunch of other stores I can go to. I already tried 3 Brooks Brothers, including Madison Ave, and found nothing.

Isn't there a Peal & Co. bridle leather belt at BB that comes in British tan? To me, that color looks reasonably similar to whiskey shell.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just grabbed these from Stephen at Leffot...these with the few pre-orders I'm awaiting has to officially include me into some type of club that holds its meetings in church basements.
254501_10150664150230381_126706475380_19140275_4109134_s.jpg
These were facebooked, he needs to take better pics for his blog. I'll try and snap some when they arrive tomorrow.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Just grabbed these from Stephen at Leffot...these with the few pre-orders I'm awaiting has to officially include me into some type of club that holds its meetings in church basements.

Hi, my name is Bill and it's been three days since I bought my last pair of Aldens...

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
If you're in Manhattan try:

Citishoes on Park, they carry Trafalgar belts and you'll be able to find a tan belt that matches up nicely (at least in terms of color) with Whiskey shell; or

Alden NY on Madison - I was there today and they have some Alden Whiskey shell belts but they are in larger sizes.

thanks. won't be in manhattan today, though. i'll be about 30 miles north. hopefully I find something

triumphman

Reaction score
Not much going on in the shoemart irregulars this month...

at least in sz 7.5 & 8...

mr chorizo

Reaction score
for 11/11.5 there are bunch of cordovan boots though...the two that look appealing to me are the barrie last boot with indy boot apron stitching (blind eyelets all the way up) or the j.crew perf captoe boot on the barrie, both in #8.

thoughts?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triumphman
Not much going on in the shoemart irregulars this month...

Two pair of 975's in 10D (barrie) for anyone wating to jump in and save a couple hundo bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics