***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harrythedog

harrythedog Well-Known Member

looks like trickers

a buddy sent me the link earlier today, and that was my first reaction...

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG] #8 Cap Toe Boot Pantharella Socks

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

McArthur is like the Godfather of Shell to us Alden Fans. He's an excellent source of knowledge/ advice (see "break in procedure" and "mac-method of care") and heck of a nice guy, besides that. Just a sign of respect.
    I remember only seeing a single sf'er call macArthur uncle, so naturally I thought they were related. [​IMG] It all makes sense. Thanks!
    we are all hoping to inherit his collection one day [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    oh.. hey uncle! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    color 8 ptb argyles otc

lovely

4. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

I realize there are entire threads devoted to this question, but they are older...

I need a dress belt (wearing with a suit) that matches whiskey shell and I only have tomorrow to find one. Can't order online. Any suggestions on where to find one/what to look for? I have a few malls and a bunch of other stores I can go to. I already tried 3 Brooks Brothers, including Madison Ave, and found nothing.

If you're in Manhattan try:

Citishoes on Park, they carry Trafalgar belts and you'll be able to find a tan belt that matches up nicely (at least in terms of color) with Whiskey shell; or

Alden NY on Madison - I was there today and they have some Alden Whiskey shell belts but they are in larger sizes.

5. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I realize there are entire threads devoted to this question, but they are older...

I need a dress belt (wearing with a suit) that matches whiskey shell and I only have tomorrow to find one. Can't order online. Any suggestions on where to find one/what to look for? I have a few malls and a bunch of other stores I can go to. I already tried 3 Brooks Brothers, including Madison Ave, and found nothing.

Isn't there a Peal & Co. bridle leather belt at BB that comes in British tan? To me, that color looks reasonably similar to whiskey shell.

6. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

Just posted these Alden for Unionmade Officer shoes on Ebay. Size 9E. Monkey not included.

[​IMG]

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Just grabbed these from Stephen at Leffot...these with the few pre-orders I'm awaiting has to officially include me into some type of club that holds its meetings in church basements. [​IMG] These were facebooked, he needs to take better pics for his blog. I'll try and snap some when they arrive tomorrow.

8. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Just grabbed these from Stephen at Leffot...these with the few pre-orders I'm awaiting has to officially include me into some type of club that holds its meetings in church basements.

Hi, my name is Bill and it's been three days since I bought my last pair of Aldens...

9. scb

scb Senior member

If you're in Manhattan try:

Citishoes on Park, they carry Trafalgar belts and you'll be able to find a tan belt that matches up nicely (at least in terms of color) with Whiskey shell; or

Alden NY on Madison - I was there today and they have some Alden Whiskey shell belts but they are in larger sizes.

thanks. won't be in manhattan today, though. i'll be about 30 miles north. hopefully I find something

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Hi, my name is Bill and it's been three days since I bought my last pair of Aldens...

lol [​IMG]

11. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

[​IMG]

12. triumphman

triumphman Senior member

Not much going on in the shoemart irregulars this month...

at least in sz 7.5 & 8...

13. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

14. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

for 11/11.5 there are bunch of cordovan boots though...the two that look appealing to me are the barrie last boot with indy boot apron stitching (blind eyelets all the way up) or the j.crew perf captoe boot on the barrie, both in #8.

thoughts?

15. sazon

sazon Senior member

Not much going on in the shoemart irregulars this month...

Two pair of 975's in 10D (barrie) for anyone wating to jump in and save a couple hundo bucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.