• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

walds11

Reaction score

i understand. There are other precautions that you can take that have been discussed here. This seems to happen but i was a little taken aback at his response.

Is the retailer going to allow an exchange or return? Or are they seconds and final sale?

breck81

Reaction score

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers is carrying Alden suede chukkas now. I called to ask what last they were on. Didn't look like Barrie in the pictures. Maybe Leydon. Gal called back after a couple of days and answer was snap. Any chance that is correct?

Last edited:

CEE88

Reaction score

Crosspost! New Epaulet x Alden Taunton boots. I was looking for something that would be great for the handful of rainy days we get in Austin. Pretty happy about these -- the alpine grain is a great color.
Action shot with the new taunton boots and some rivet chinos.
Gorgeous boots!

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rather not mention it since mistakes do happpen but I wanted to hear what others had to say because i sent the retailer the pic and he said he didnt see much aside from the slight color difference. Go figure.

Return them so they can take a closer look. That looks pretty bad but honestly Alden isn't the best company when it comes to finishing. From wide welts, broken, missed or bunched stitches, etc., we've seen it all and unless their quality control people are blind, they don't consider them seconds. That maybe fine for a typical "work boot" but to me, that's not ok for a "work boot" that costs almost $600.

jp2k1

Reaction score
About 650 with tax. I understand that these issues crop up but Its the response that bothered me.

Return them so they can take a closer look. That looks pretty bad but honestly Alden isn't the best company when it comes to finishing. From wide welts, broken, missed or bunched stitches, etc., we've seen it all and unless their quality control people are blind, they don't consider them seconds. That maybe fine for a typical "work boot" but to me, that's not ok for a "work boot" that costs almost $600.

CEE88

Reaction score
Decided to try this beauty from TSM - George Boot on Plaza Last in Brown Scotch Grain:

FYI the scotch grain is quite soft and the buckle is nickel

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Plaza hummus suede 6-eye Chukka
Superb Don! Love the Suede!
Know I haven't frequented the threat much recently, but my JGilbert Captoes on Commando finally made it out of the closet today. And yes, I know the laces are too long.
You are always a welcome addition here. Your Plaza CT Boots are top notch.
Whiskey waiting for the train.
Looking great DS!!! One day early though. ;-)
Whiskey boots from AoM
Again, looking terrific and I love your EFFs, but again a daily early!
#aldenshoes would be nice for the primary tag, and then people could add additional tags for their specialized interests/groups.....(?)
I concur with this! I like both the AldenShoes and AldenArmy hashtags.
Can you tell the difference?
Looks pretty darn similar on my phone. The welt looks different and the Apron decorative stitch seems to extend further out towards the toe on the right boot.
Crosspost! New Epaulet x Alden Taunton boots. I was looking for something that would be great for the handful of rainy days we get in Austin. Pretty happy about these -- the alpine grain is a great color.
Action shot with the new taunton boots and some rivet chinos.
Congrats and enjoy them! Great boot! -Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TPX99