• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

walds11

Reaction score

How much heel slippage is normal in an LHS? I have had mine for a while and I am not sure if I should continue to wear them to try and break them in, or just sell them and chalk it up to a bad fitting.

I recently purchased the LHS CXL penny loafer in size 8.5 D. For reference, I wear an 8.5 D in the Indy boot (Trubalance last). I was experiencing slight heel slippage even after a few weeks of wear. I slapped in some TaccoSlip heel grips that my shoe guy gave me and all good to go! Some people also use tongue pads. The fit in the vamp is just right and didn’t want to tighten that area up with the tongue pads.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't risk it.
$1000, low feedback, overseas.... seem like a bad combo.
Alden sf runs cigar chukkas, give them a call.
No no, I was somewhat interested in the $800 cigar captoe boots on Grant last he had but sold... good luck to that buyer! $1000 is definitely overpriced, and fortunately for me I was able to score a legit pair of cigar chukkas on eBay a few months ago for $550 :)

This is the same guy - "dontuang" who got banned here for posting a classified with someone else's pictures. I searched the description of the boots from his eBay listing and found this classified from denimblog: http://www.denimblog.com/c/t/234237...an-captoe-boots-commando-sole-grant-last-8-5e

It has the exact same pictures. This guy is obviously a scammer. Looks like someone bought the boots as they now appear as a sold listing on eBay. Hope it wasn't someone on here who is getting scammed.
Ahh, I'm glad I was reluctant and mentioned it here. That is the pair of boots that I noticed on eBay and if they were 8.5D I probably would have jumped on them too.

jp2k1

Reaction score
Can you tell the difference?

ErikW

Reaction score
Crosspost!

New Epaulet x Alden Taunton boots. I was looking for something that would be great for the handful of rainy days we get in Austin. Pretty happy about these -- the alpine grain is a great color.

Action shot with the new taunton boots and some rivet chinos.

ATLVol

Reaction score
Crosspost!

New Epaulet x Alden Taunton boots. I was looking for something that would be great for the handful of rainy days we get in Austin. Pretty happy about these -- the alpine grain is a great color.

Action shot with the new taunton boots and some rivet chinos.

make sure you treat these with something or else they will likely end up with some water spots/discoloration........at least that was my experience with alpine grain loafers that got wet

brandall10

Reaction score
Do people tend to take the same size/width in a Barrie boot vs. shoe?

I feel like I've seen people mention they sometimes go down a width with shoes vs. boots, but maybe I'm imagining things as I'm having trouble finding info on this in a search.

The reason I ask is I have a 975 in an 8c and it's one of my best fitting shoes - perfectly snug in the heel, waist, and instep with room to spare up front. I also have a Gamble Hill Indy (barrie lasted) in an 8d and it's kinda odd fitting - loose throughout but a bit more narrow in the toe relative to the 975, despite being a larger width. It works but not ideal. Maybe it's the cxl vs. shell, storm welt vs. regular, type of lining, who knows.

Just pulled the trigger on an 8c Leffot Walter boot and want to make sure I made the right call. If they fit like my 8c 975s I'll be in heaven.

Last edited:

breck81

Reaction score

Do people tend to take the same size/width in a Barrie boot vs. shoe?

I feel like I've seen people mention they sometimes go down a width with shoes vs. boots, but maybe I'm imagining things as I'm having trouble finding info on this in a search.

The reason I ask is I have a 975 in an 8c and it's one of my best fitting shoes - perfectly snug in the heel, waist, and instep with room to spare up front. I also have a Gamble Hill Indy (barrie lasted) in an 8d and it's kinda odd fitting - loose throughout but a bit more narrow in the toe relative to the 975, despite being a larger width. It works but not ideal. Maybe it's the cxl vs. shell, storm welt vs. regular, type of lining, who knows.

Just pulled the trigger on an 8c Leffot Walter boot and want to make sure I made the right call. If they fit like my 8c 975s I'll be in heaven.

I haven't noticed much difference in my Barrie boot versus shoes. The boots may be a touch snugger, but its negligible.

Others have said Barrie boots fit more snug than Barrie shoes.

jp2k1

Reaction score

WTF! Where'd you get those from?

Rather not mention it since mistakes do happpen but I wanted to hear what others had to say because i sent the retailer the pic and he said he didnt see much aside from the slight color difference. Go figure.

breck81

Reaction score

Rather not mention it since mistakes do happpen but I wanted to hear what others had to say because i sent the retailer the pic and he said he didnt see much aside from the slight color difference. Go figure.

Be nice to know so we could avoid a similar issue. Or at least have an idea which retailer can't see there is more wrong than just color. The edge is noticeably wider on the right boot. That's what I noticed first.

I get where you are coming from though...

Band of Brothers, rent it sometime;)

Last edited:

jp2k1

Reaction score
i understand. There are other precautions that you can take that have been discussed here. This seems to happen but i was a little taken aback at his response.

Be nice to know so we could avoid a similar issue. Or at least have an idea which retailer can't see there is more wrong than just color. The edge is noticeably wider on the right boot. That's what I noticed first.

I get where you are coming from though...

Band of Brothers, rent it sometime;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur