• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenryIII

Reaction score
Cigar PTBs today

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score

I can't really argue with the experiences of others here but I have multiple pairs of Barrie boots (4) and my JCrew PCT boots seem to fit just the same as the others. As with most things YMMV.

Same experience. I was actually going to say that after the maiden voyage, I thought the J Crew PCT seemed to fit larger than other Barrie lasted shoes/boots.

deluzion

Reaction score
I am 11.5 D in brannock. I wear 11D in Trubalance and Barrie. But I just found out that I can fit Van 10E just fine (sockless even with thin socks)..

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi, I am not sure . Never bought Trickers before.
I just thought it was nice to share their selection with everybody

According to all that I know, Trickers are like unto the Alden's of Northampton England.

I have read great things from men who know their stuff.

Several of the chaps who frequent this thread and have serious Alden collections, also have Trickers.

Here is what I know:

1. In general I would rate Trickers slightly better than Alden.
2. However, Trickers does not use Horween cordovan....
3. Nevertheless, they are one of the only non-Horween shoemakers that I would even consider.

Therefore, Trickers are on my list to get a pair. They have a very cool MTO program through Richard of the Shoe Healer in England and are also fairly affordable. Actually being a little cheaper than Alden.

Hope this is helpful and obviously some of what I say is completely subjective.

Thanks.

HenryIII

Reaction score
Very nice bud, I use to work in cobo hall.
Thank you sir.

Nice! My wife wants to join the Slow Roll in Detroit one of these days. Props for biking in your King LWBs!
Thanks! They are actually King WT boots. You need boots when biking around Detroit. Slow Roll looks cool, but unfortunately I live in Ann Arbor, so unlikely to join it anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene