• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aldens in the wild!!!!

I was shopping at a local Jean vendor open house today and I was amazed to see not one or two but three people wearing Aldens!

And to top it off I saw a boot that is now my Grail boot. Whisky colored, alpine grain, handsewn, NST, commando sole, brass eyes, jumper boot

Lol. Is there such thing as an NST-Jumper boot??
biggrin.gif
That would be one heck of a make-up!
I believe the "Jumper boot" is a perforated cap toe design.

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mediahound I've meaning to mention that I like the return to your former avatar. The Marlow wingtip shot was cool, but the denim with ravello LWB on the wooden grate is special... just like a professional advertisement!

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rogue Territory is my go to raw denim. I think the 14.5 oz weight http://www.rogueterritory.com/shop/stanton/ is the most versatile. Traditional Indigo Warp x White weft. It looks great with ravello and color 8. No experience with whiskey.

Their Dark denim line also pairs really well with Color 8 specifically. Its a Indigo Warp x Black Weft. http://www.rogueterritory.com/shop/dark-stanton/

I swear by their jeans and shirts.

Tons of discussion around this topic in the thread. There is a lot of great denim. Start with the type of cut you want and exact measurements. From there you can begin to select a denim and brand

Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the recommendations very much.

I just swooped these up and they fit okay, a little tight as they are slim fit.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/j-brand...m_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_A

I have lost 91 lbs in the last 3 years. Went from a 46 waist and a 52 coat down to a 36/37 and a 42 or a 44 slim fit actually more like a 43.

That is how I got into wearing nice shoes and cordovan in particular.....lost so much weight that my shoes did not fit me anymore.....
confused.gif

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Gents, It was a very sunny day today & I finally got around to taking a few non-iphone pics. Here's a couple of recent additions to my wardrobe:
Whiskey PTB - Barrie

Ravello CT - Grant

Natural CXL LWB - Barrie

Some superb shots of several exceptional make-ups.
nod[1].gif

I hope you enjoy them all often and in great health my friend!

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mediahound I've meaning to mention that I like the return to your former avatar. The Marlow wingtip shot was cool, but the denim with ravello LWB on the wooden grate is special... just like a professional advertisement!

Thanks! I like it too even though I don't even own those ravello LWBs any more.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous Boots RTP!

Repp, your boots are killer! Enjoy them today my friend.

Killer boots rtp. You wear them well.

RTP, these look amazing! Great color on these. I'm starting to get on board with the whole "color 8 is king" mentality.

Chris
Much thanks gents for the kind words! @chrisefi , believe this or not, but this morning I saw both the color 8 and ravello wingtip boots on barrie (both are relatively new) and reached over the ravello to get to the color 8. It is indeed king. @sevenfoldtieguy would be proud
biggrin.gif

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why did you give up that beautiful pair of ravello LWBs??!!

Honestly? Because someone offered me more than I paid for them. I do regret letting them go however. Sorta the grass is always greener or hindsight is 20/20 type of thing.

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly? Because someone offered me more than I paid for them. I do regret letting them go however. Sorta the grass is always greener or hindsight is 20/20 type of thing.
At least you have your Youtube video to remember them, and in pristine condition!
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

amftx

Reaction score
Just put in a preorder for my 10th pair today I think I may have a problem.

In regards to beaters vs nice shoes for a night out my #8 chukkas have been to hell and back including nasty men's restrooms, mud, rain, and whiskey/mixed drinks. A little cream, wax, and edge care and they're still beautiful.

Now if I need a brown I wear cxl, but that's mostly because I haven't been able to get many of the exotic shell colors.... Yet. ;)

Chien

Reaction score

hi gents,

need some help to get the sizing right for my third pair of aldens - the 2 pair i have gets uncomfortable after a while.
They are of the barrie last and the grant last. both are cordovan if it matters.

In the Barrie last, they are a pair of 8D and in the Grant last, a 9D.
For these two pair of boots, when i wear them to walk, after some distance I will feel pain in my 4th toe ( The biggest toe being the first, counting down) from it rubbing the insides of the boots toebox.

So I'm wondering what approach to the sizing should i be looking at to avoid this - a half size bigger or a width increase? Love my aldens, want to get my third pair, and from then on all in the correct sizing hopefully.

still a 50/50 chance of it going wrong, since im left with 2 options, up half a size or going from D width to E... hopefully u guys can eliminate that chance of it going wrong for me..

thanks.

Do you have any other shoes that we can compare sizing on? Normally there is only a half size difference between Barrie and Grant. Grant is +1/2 size. But I don't know what you are starting with and what your true size is... We need more information.

ok, lets see..

i have 2 pair of asics running shoes, one is in US 9.5, the other is 27.5cm ( bought in japan)
vans sneakers im sized 9.5US
new balance shoes model 574 in US9.5
converse im either a 9 or 9.5US
allen edmonds park avenue in 9D, this pair i get the same toe pain i experience with the aldens.
chippewa rugged boots (model 20065) in US 9D - this fits me the best among the aldens and AE - no pain in the toe whatsoever.

dont have a local retailer for Alden that i can pop down to try sadly.

any help here please??

want to get my next pair of aldens that i can wear all over, for holidays etc etc! and not just placed on home rack and used only when going for dinners where i just sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52