***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

What is the exact purpose for the NST's toe/front stitching? Is there a utility purpose of just for form?

I believe that the N of the NST (Norwegian) actually refers to the welt, not the toe design, and has something to do with waterproofing.

But I could be completely wrong, I'd wait for one of our resident experts to confirm before taking that as gospel.

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Same here. I buy my shoe trees from the local Nordstrom Rack at $14.99 a piece for every pair of my Alden.

hey i looked at those shoe trees at the rack the other day and they are a great deal ... if i remember correctly they are boxed as Woodlore which is Allen Edmonds but for some reason they dont have the woodlore label on the individual shoe trees themselves but who gives an F. the trees themselves look to be great for the price so good pick ups

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

What is the exact purpose for the NST's toe/front stitching? Is there a utility purpose of just for form?

[​IMG]

very nice! enjoy wearing

4. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

...and what about whiskey, while we're at it.

ravello- light brown
    whiskey-tan

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    cigar lhs

6. marg

marg Senior member

i have sherman brothers bringing in a ptb and a longwing, both in #8. i am conflicted about which one should be my first cordo. the ptb looks like it will be more versatile, but i really like the longwing, too. unfortunately, getting both isn't an option. any thoughts?

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i have sherman brothers bringing in a ptb and a longwing, both in #8. i am conflicted about which one should be my first cordo. the ptb looks like it will be more versatile, but i really like the longwing, too. unfortunately, getting both isn't an option. any thoughts?

I purchased 2 pairs of cordo LWs before i bought my first pair of cordo PTBs. LWs are very much 'in' right now but you cant go wrong with either style. I can wear both styles with suits, jeans, etc. It may just come down to sizing, availabilty, price, etc

8. Profligate47

Profligate47 Senior member

Winn Perry posted their #8 cap toes on double waterlock soles. Might be a good option for those of you who shared concerns with JCrews version and rainy weather. Check'em out: http://shop.winnperry.com/products/a...ck-captoe-boot
    Aren't these exactly like the Alden for J Crew captoe boots? OIC: the sole is different...

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

10. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

Is anyone putting out anything in cigar? I've been wanting alden's in cigar for the longest time, unfortunatly I always miss them

11. arrow

arrow Senior member

[​IMG]

very nice! enjoy wearing

They're actually mine and not cuteo101. I posted them back in April '10... and have enjoyed them very much.

12. cuteo101

cuteo101 Member

I was asking about the stitching of these shoes, and did not give the impression that they were mine. Yet, they are very beautiful!

They're actually mine and not cuteo101. I posted them back in April '10... and have enjoyed them very much.

13. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

[​IMG]

cigar lhs

Better check the reception on your camera. Fuzzy signal today [​IMG]

14. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Tom is the Nassau blucher yours exclusively? IMO it's way better looking than the traditional Alden PTB. Would be interested in seeing much more of this shoe (in a sleeker last, maybe?). It's fantastic.

15. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

If I wear an 8.5D on the trubalance in Chromexcel, would a size 8.5D that is also on the trubalance last in CORDOVAN fit a littler bigger? if so, by how much? I have a pair of roys that fit slightly slightly tight at 8.5D around the side of the foot and the top. would the same size and last in Cordovan ensure a perfect fit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.