1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

That would do nicely - I got a PM about these as well. I sent Yenni a note asking when the next order/build is. Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  2. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

Damn, Burzan, your slippers look great, almost new! Love those socks as well.

3. JR Magat

JR Magat Well-Known Member

You might be lucky and your size will be in stock. I'm sure Yenni will take good care of you [​IMG]

4. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Just a quick heads up for for the thread members before I list my #8 BB version of the 9015. Just passing along the deal I got. 11.5D. New but tried on.

5. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Thanks, I don't reach for them a ton and mainly wear them to work so they are basically in the same condition as when you passed them along. Great chukka and the 8E leydon is a great fit for me.

6. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

First half of today, color #8 LWB and some cotton/linen pants.

[​IMG]

The rest of the day: unboxing my new Navy CXL wingtip boots on Plaza, from Yenni at B&M. Very pleased with them. Really awesome makeup, and Yenni is, as always, wonderful to deal with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Decided to wear them for the rest of the day/evening with my (still being broken in) pair of Gustin Oxblood2 denim.

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  7. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

JS01 very nice congrats were did you buy that oxblood jeans from?

8. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Well-Known Member

Nice pickup! I've been eyeing them and also have a pair of Oxblood.

Out of curiosity, do you find their color a "true" blue? I had Navy CXL Indys that were more loden than blue.

9. BootSpell

@JSO1 , I don't own any navy boots but yours look outstanding. They are now on my wish list as they would provide well needed diversity to my rotation.

10. Rstldr

Rstldr Well-Known Member

What a great make up. Yenni is the best! The Navy CXL boot look superb and you wear it well!

11. BootSpell

Interesting that you don't reach for them often. I just couldn't make them work for me. It was a shame for me because I think they are a really nice looking chukka. The snuff suede on those is a really nice shade. I have a pair of Leffot snuff WT boots and the shade is not nearly as nice.

12. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I find these to be pretty true navy blue. I don't see many gray or green tones that would make me think of Loden. I can try and take some direct sunlight pictures next time I head outside in them.

Thanks, gents. I'm very pleased with them.

13. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

Really like those! Where did these come from?

14. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

Not sure where he got his pair, but that's a stock model now, style # 9794. You can order it from pretty much any Alden retailer. I have a pair, and absolutely love them.

15. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

I think it's just a case of having a large rotation, they really can go with jeans, chinos or even wool trousers like I am wearing today. You are totally right though, they are a great shade of snuff.

16. mosy

mosy Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the advice and laughs. What would be considered the narrowest leg opening without being overly fashion forward (so that I can still be wearing them in a year or 2 or 3)?

17. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Love the pants but I now have to ask why the hell do you need to break in pants...honestly between indigo stains, breaking in, disgusting non washing of jeans..I don't know why anyone goes through all that...of course I only learned what a break in pants was today ...so is that want you meant with "breaking" them in? finding the right spot to do whatever to the bottom of the pants? Can we call them pants or is that taboo....LOL just having some fun...though I really have no idea what breaking in pants does.

Boots are stellar congrats!...does anyone know if that is the same leather as Leffots? The Leffots seem much lighter blue -perhaps it is just the light welt.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  18. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

They're just heavier denim than most of my other denim, so they're stiff. Wearing them for a while makes them less stiff. Plus, the waistband needs to loosen up a bit, as well, as when I bought them I didn't realize that Gustin doesn't do "vanity" sizing like most others do, so they're a touch tighter in the waistband that I expected them to be. Incentive to lose a few pounds, I guess.

Thank you - do you have the Leffot Greenwich boot, or just looking at pictures online?

19. wigglr

wigglr Well-Known Member

Go with what you like and what is comfortable for you!

I would say around 7.5" minimum ... the Epaulet Walts come in around roughly 8"+ and that's good and versatile (I mostly wear Epaulet pants and Alden shoes). Depends on your waist size, too. You'll probably hear different opinions, but as I said... comfort zone is really important. Feeling good in what you have on is the best.

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.