1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Looking great Zip in your Color 8 on Antique LWBs.

-Mike

2. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Cigar NST Blucher.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

3 people like this.
  3. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

thanks for the kind words gentlemen.
    shawnc, im glad you get my humor.
    dubs, the pants come w 3d glasses.
    amazing cigar sir. aberdeen nsts are the bees knees.

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

So I have some suede but it's all unlined. Thinking of grabbing a lined snuff boot and wondering how durable it would be in the autumn & winter in NYC. Can the suede take a decent beating? Any pics/endorsements of well worn snuff suede boots?

5. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

Whoah, also doing a Trubalance tanker and my AF53 in antique welt and sole edge! I've been contemplating converting my current pair to antique, just wore them today.

6. mosy

mosy Senior member

Ok guys. I have not really been into dress boots up to this point but I am getting ready to get a pair or two. Question on how to wear boots with dress pants. I prefer not to have to have seperate shorter pants for wearing with boots, as I also will be wearing shoes throughout the autumn and winter. So I definetely want to be able to wear all of my pants with both shoes and boots.

As such here is my question: do I let the pants fall naturally and cover the whole shaft (like the first photo below), in which case the fact that I'm wearing a boot (as opposed to a shoe) would kind of be a secret until I sit down and my pant leg rides up.

[​IMG]

Or do I kind of let the back of the pants gets stuck behind the pull tab, thus showing some more boot, like this:

[​IMG]

Or do I go even further and let even the front and sides of the pant kind of get stuck at the top of the boot, thus showing most of the boot, like this:

[​IMG]

All guidance would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  7. aldennoob

aldennoob Senior member

Quote:i always against people wear boot like pic 2 and 3 what you need is a good cuffed pants [​IMG] photo credit to Namor

8. mosy

mosy Senior member

9. aldennoob

aldennoob Senior member

then i will stay with picture 1 ^

10. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

NEVER EVER wear your trousers like photo 2 & 3 , you are gonna look like an idiot.

11. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

^ You may also consider shorten your trousers a little bit to pronounce your boots more.

If you are wearing trousers with full break now, consider going with half break. If you are half break now, consider going with quarter break. So on... Until you find the right balance that you are happy to wear both your shoes and boots with.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  12. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

I agree with Noob and Steve. Go with option 1, consider a halfway solution for pant lengths that is good for boots or shoes. That is essentially where I have gone with my trousers. More to the quarter to no break category.

Also, remember in NAMOR's photo, he is likely bending way the heck over to get that camera angle, which typically causes the pants to ride up. I find this very common for me when I am taking my daily Shoe pics.

-Mike

13. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

THIS

And definitely this

14. tricky

tricky Senior member

15. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

Agree with the other gentlemen on this thread, avoid option 2 and 3. That looks stupid. Stick with the trouser length of photo 1.

16. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Every once in a while I read comments on this thread that just make me go 'wow', though Namor's reaction is much more colorful. First, I agree with the sentiment that picture 1 looks better, I certainly disagree that 2 and 3 look ridiculous. And in my book, pic's 2 and 3 look fine with denim/cords. Taste is a tricky thing. The thing that kills me is that we actually buy slacks specifically for boot wear. I'm on board with Mike's suggestion, but having trousers inseam tailored only for boots or shoes? Wow, that's way too much for me to think about while getting dressed for work. And too expensive given my over-the-top shoe budget.

17. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Always picture #1. Always.

18. tricky

tricky Senior member

I find that a narrow pant opening allows for a good no break look and accommodates shoes and boots. It sits high to accommodate boots and is still fashionable with shoes (though probably too fashion forward for some).

19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Yes...can't have a wide pant leg in a no break situation. Agreed.

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.