• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents: today was the maiden voyage for these Alden Chico suede indy boots from Unionmade. They are ultra comfy with a double waterloc sole and a foot balance heel. Antique edge. 270 welt.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Gents: today was the maiden voyage for these Alden Chico suede indy boots from Unionmade. They are ultra comfy with a double waterloc sole and a foot balance heel. Antique edge. 270 welt.

nephew,
wear only in good health

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Saz, those are looking very snappy. I like the antique edging... Kind of reminds me of the Cigar Indy, but not as shiny...

-Mike

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: Don't buy CXLs from TSM's seconds list :brick:

first shoe i inspected looked totally fine to me. minor creasing, some wierd but minor discolorations, some fraying on the welt... all totally fine for me and especially fine for a seconds purchase.

but the left shoe both breaks my heart and pisses me off that some TSM employee had the gall to add in the "you may not crease these in order to return them!" inspection card.

REguy

Reaction score

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while. Looking to make my next Alden purchase and need some advise. Looking for a brown shoe or boot to wear mostly with jeans, maybe a pare of dress pants or the occasional suit. I don't have a very large shoe budget. So this will probably be my only brown pair for a while. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

How about J Crew's brown calf LWB? Cheaper than shell and versatile. Longwings with suits aren't for me, but it doesn't seem to bother other guys.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~18580/18580.jsp

If you're looking for something less clunky and wear trim fitting jeans, perhaps Alfred Sargent's Hunt? AFPOS runs periodic sales which makes them a fantastic value for the quality.

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/c...oducts/alfred-sargent-exclusive-hunt-espresso

If money is tight, another option is Meermin. You can get multiple pairs from them for the price of a pair of Aldens. I've had great luck with them, but you need a bit of patience and a sense of adventure. Their brown apron front blucher is a fantastic Edward Green Dover knock-off.

http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=4137

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Last edited:

REguy

Reaction score
The two-tone pairs they have would've both been great if they had just done them in one color or the other. As it is, they look like something a 1920s pimp might have worn. Others must clearly feel the same way given how many pairs of those whackadoo black and brown wingtips are left.

neutrino

Reaction score
Good find! Those are rather cool, a nice alternative to the ever evasive Leffot #8 Dover. It has agatine eyelets and the commando with antique edging. Also it is 6-eyelets.

-Mike

I counted 5
shog[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads