• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gastarbeider

Reaction score

Hard to tell from your pic, but doesn't look too bad from here. Is it a deep gouge or a surface scratch?

Not a gouge. More of a scratch. The fact that it's at a stress point - by the ball of my foot - is what caused the concern.

hkpm

Reaction score
Not a gouge. More of a scratch. The fact that it's at a stress point - by the ball of my foot - is what caused the concern.

From the photo, I believe it is just a surface scratch, caused by the rubbing of the pinking and vamp leather.
I think it is pretty normal.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good day here. Finally got my purchase from DC last week.

Mike in an Alden shop is like a kid in the candy shop.

What's in the boxes?

azif

Reaction score
Just splurged on some Indy boots chromexcel

Any advice for keeping them alive for as long as possible

Ie. Are shoe trees a must if they are going to be worn mainly on weekends
What waxes / conditioner should I be buying

Cheers

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good day here. Finally got my purchase from DC last week.

Amazing shoe horn. I've had my eye on that style horn each time I've been in the DC shop.

Don't leave us hanging, Mike! What's in the boxes?!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think he showed us already. I believe one pair was a cigar straight tip shoe abd maybe the whiskey shortwing? I can't remember exactly but think it was something along those lines

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to go off track a little again, just wanted to show you guys my new cordovan watch strap. I wasn't sure what to expect as it was around $70, but it seems very well made though darker than I had thought from the website pics. It is not too much darker than the strap on the LHS in real life. The shell was a bit dry so I hit it with some VSC and that darkened it a bit more. Overall I am very satisfied for the price point. I also have a #8 strap on the way that seems to be Nomos seconds or something, again a great price point so we'll see when that arrives.

Fluco Horween Shell in Whiskey.

http://www.chronoworld.com/fluco-horween-shell-cordovan-leather-watch-strap-856.html

This is for the other day when I was trying to find a belt for my Whiskey LHS. I put my AE walnut Manistee belt up against it and I am not sure I like it at all. The LHS has a rich olive undertone and the belt has so much orange in it. It will work until I find something better I suppose.

Last edited:

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just splurged on some Indy boots chromexcel

Any advice for keeping them alive for as long as possible

Ie. Are shoe trees a must if they are going to be worn mainly on weekends
What waxes / conditioner should I be buying

Cheers

Congrats!

Cedar shoe trees - yes, always
Condition with Venetian Shoe Creme occasionally.
Brush with horse hair brush often.

Enjoy always.

Let's see some pictures.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to go off track a little again, just wanted to show you guys my new cordovan watch strap. I wasn't sure what to expect as it was around $70, but it seems very well made though darker than I had thought from the website pics. It is not too much darker than the strap on the LHS in real life. The shell was a bit dry so I hit it with some VSC and that darkened it a bit more. Overall I am very satisfied for the price point. I also have a #8 strap on the way that seems to be Nomos seconds or something, again a great price point so we'll see when that arrives.

Fluco Horween Shell in Whiskey.

http://www.chronoworld.com/fluco-horween-shell-cordovan-leather-watch-strap-856.html

This is for the other day when I was trying to find a belt for my Whiskey LHS. I put my AE walnut Manistee belt up against it and I am not sure I like it at all. The LHS has a rich olive undertone and the belt has so much orange in it. It will work until I find something better I suppose.

Try a little VSC? If it darkened the watch strap, perhaps it will do the same to the belt.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try a little VSC? If it darkened the watch strap, perhaps it will do the same to the belt.

For now I don't think I want to darken the belt. It is already darker compared to my Walnut McAllisters which is the shoe I bought it for. It's more so the orange tone but like I said, I think it's fine until I can find a better shade. I think I might just save up for the cordovan belts from Rancourt, I own a brown CXL belt from them and it is fantastic. The style of their belts suits the chinos and jeans wardrobe of mine very well.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

For now I don't think I want to darken the belt. It is already darker compared to my Walnut McAllisters which is the shoe I bought it for. It's more so the orange tone but like I said, I think it's fine until I can find a better shade. I think I might just save up for the cordovan belts from Rancourt, I own a brown CXL belt from them and it is fantastic. The style of their belts suits the chinos and jeans wardrobe of mine very well.

I agree. It just isn't the same color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads