1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

I wouldn't necessarily call it a pre-order, but yes, Alden Madison submitted about 8 different exotic designs in June. The Whiskey NST shoes are the first and only to drop so far to my knowledge. I was on the list for about 18 months before they confirmed the material.

-Mike

2. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Quote:Ended up getting some anyways huh. Look great. Much better than the pic they posted on IG.

3. ironclad

ironclad Well-Known Member

Thanks, BootSpell. My wife bought these boots for me a long time ago. Not too many still around with the cotton duck lining.

Henry, I find the most variation within my collection to be in Cigar. My perforated cap toe boots, Indys, and chukkas all vary quite a bit from olive to brown to something approaching a darker Color 8.

Mike, it's been loads of fun seeing what style of Aldens people enjoy, who's able to buy what and when, and realizing how crazy we all are. Definitely a boot guy myself. DV is my Yoda.

Mrfixit, these were from that micro-run of boots intended for Asia that somehow ended up in Alden D.C. I walked in to the store that day and they were sitting on the shelf. I said yes. One of my lucky days for sure.

Thanks, CEE!

Kahuna, thanks for the compliments. I definitely wear all of my Aldens with some regularity, with one exception. My Color 2 LWB have never left the house. I need to remedy that. In general, I've tried to live by Mac's "Shoes not Rembrandts" mantra. My wife might claim otherwise as I mince around the house breaking in a new pair.

Shawn, thanks for commenting. Yes, I honestly think I have too many. But then something catches my eye. I'm on two more pre-orders but reaching the end of my near-term list.

I particularly appreciate the "quality over quantity" statement. It's easy to want to jump at all the new models that pop up from the various vendors. My intent has been to purchase a variety of Aldens (primarily boots) that are versatile and stylish. Obviously I like the wingtip/shortwing and captoe boots with leather and commando options. Some are more formal than others so I have choices for different situations. I also favor some of the exotics and have been fortunate to snag quite a few.

DV, in my opinion your boot collection is the standard by which all others are measured.

4. ironclad

ironclad Well-Known Member

Still one of the best.

5. what whale

what whale Well-Known Member

Mike

Mike,

Is B Nelson doing this work for you? I'm loving my new-ish 975's but when resole time does come I'm considering going a) antique edge and b) maybe, possibly some brass.

Cheers,
    ww

6. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

WW, I am not a camel, only one Mike is necessary. ;-)

I was going to send them to B. Nelson. Still waiting for the shoes though. I want one Ravello and one Brassvello LWB. The Ravello to become Brassvello LWBs are still awaiting confirmation.

-Mike

7. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

8. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

I do not know that I have met a Hyatt there. Sorry, wish I had, sounds like I would have enjoyed meeting him!

-Mike

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

lord have mercy on my wallet dat heel counter. oh lawdy

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  10. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

my man, you crushed this combo. who makes the jeans?

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. Jalt

Jalt Member

After seeing your post I went and checked and my size is now available after being sold out. I called to try and get the discount and was told by the supervisor that Alden's are never discounted and woukd not give me the 25% off.

13. inn8chiro

inn8chiro Well-Known Member

Thanks brother, just LVC on the jeans.

14. what whale

what whale Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike Mike ;)

15. katch

katch Well-Known Member

I would call again until I got someone who will do it

16. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Well-Known Member

I don't think the code applied to 405's to start with. previous OP just got lucky

17. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

Multiple SF members got the deal including me. Them having the size wanted may have been luck, and it may have been an error. But the sale worked all day and only that day.

See Ya,
    Steve

18. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

The code worked for me also, but I didn't actually buy it. I already have the Color #8, just on the Plaza.

19. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

thank you ben. your grant shell boots are killer as well.
    great combo donl.
    thanks dubs. i guess i know what i'm wearing tomorrow. [​IMG]
    fantastic loafers.
    thanks for the kind words ironclad.

20. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

+1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.