1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

2. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

ahh, ok. I guess I was late to the party. When I last checked it was only the color 8 indy preorder that was included (crepe sole, so didn.t kop)

btw - excellent shoe-p*rn as usual, gents! although I can't keep up with the thread anymore (which is a good thing!)

3. ReppTiePrepster

4. ReppTiePrepster

+1

5. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Mini review:

I'm now a convert to Alden Fine Boot Cream (Neutral) instead of Venetian Shoe Cream or Saphir Renovateur.

It seems a lot gentler in terms of solvent type ingredients yet works just as well if not better as near as I can tell.

It also costs less and is recommended by Alden for both chromexcel and shell. I talked to one of the guys at Alden SanFran and he said he pretty much swears by this stuff and they use it in the store as well. It seems to shine and nourish quite well. Good stuff, it's available at places like The Shoe Mart, Need Supply Co, Alden stores.

It's thicker than both VSC or Reno so it's easy to apply. Smells better than VSC but not quite as good as Reno. It has a faint shoe polish smell with some fragrance, nice smell.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Can't wait for your youtube review on it, Tristan. :)

7. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

8. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Yep, seller is insane. If you scroll through his completed listings, you can see he keeps relisting them and they never sell: http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw...lete=1&_ssn=chewie9809&ajxpg=1&_ipg=200&rt=nc

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

not crazy at all. i once listed a pair of used shell boots for $3K? eventually raising the price to $15K. for less than $4k those new captoes are 75% off. think of the savings!

sincerely,
    bat shit crazy seller

10. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

[​IMG]

11. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior member

Speaking of Ravello boots... Has anyone heard from Alden NYC on the status of the Ravello WT boots?

12. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

mdubs,
    That brass ravello LWB is stunning!
    I've seen where others have asked but most likely missed your response, how do you maintain your shoes? When I was home last week I put in a decent amount of work on some of mine and was never able to get results close to what yours looks like...even on shoes I've worn two or three times only.
    Thank you

13. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Thanks Mike!

14. TommyB

TommyB Senior member

Not sure about you, but there's no way I'll be able to resist buying at least one of those boots. Can't decide which one of the two below. Would love to see the #8 Indy from above, I'm not a big fan on the TruBalance last, much prefer the "Indy" on Plaza, and I have a feeling the Modified is more like the TB. I think this is the coolest black Alden boot I've seen (never saw the recent $hitkicker boot from Epaulet, though).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  15. MT1982

MT1982 Senior member

I thought the Shoes and Shirts one looked great on their website, but I prefer the Frans Boone one's here in your pics. I'm not into wholecuts, and while this isn't a wholecut by any means I like the fact that the big plain side panel is broken up with some stitches. If it had a plain toe and plain side panel then I wouldn't like it as it'd be too plain overall. Both are good looking boots though - keep both if you can!

On a side note, do you have any chocolate suede to compare the shoes and shirts model with?

16. walds11

walds11 Senior member

What is the best way to treat the CXL Indy against water and other elements? I prefer something that does not darken the CXL. I've used mink oil in the past. I believe that Leffot recommends Montana Pitch Blend leather dressing. What about Alden Leather Defender?

17. jch7149

jch7149 Active Member

King LWB - maiden voyage!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Love these with the dark edge.

I need to sell my Leffot antique edge version.

19. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Weren't you one of the masses yelling at me when I wanted to unload mine?

20. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Probably, haha. This a recent epiphany for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.