• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mtc2000
Got to be Monk Strap in #4
worship.gif

Actually, I got wind that they may be saddles. Ahhh, mystery....

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom,

Any chance the bottom shoe in your blog post is a natural chromexcel longwing?

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Union Made is coming out with some cap toe shell #8 boots. It says it has a matching welt. Ca anyone shed some light on what the welt is, or where it is on the boot? They don't have pics yet and I wanna know if I should pre-order.

Thanks.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slammyman
How often do Alden shoes go on sale? Or can they ever be found at Nordstroms Rack or Saks OFF 5th? What kind of discounts can you get?

They rarely go on sale. If they do, it's only about 10-15% on very selected styles at the Alden stores. They can't even be found at regular Nordstrom.

Alden has a strong following and sell well at retail prices.

Bartolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roguls
Thread is lacking pictures lately, so I will contribute some:

Pitt Boot and Snuff Suede Boot.

Do you treat your suede boots with anything? I have suede chukkas and still haven't figured out whether to do anything other than brush them with a suede brush.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden is, in general, i think worth the retail price. The styling and quality is better than allen edmonds...

My only complaint is that, due to some big time collaborations (i.e. jcrew) their factory is extremely busy and there have been some QC issues.

I might post a comparison of my C+j's and aldens in this thread in a few weeks ( i have 3 c+j's, two aldens, though i'm looking for moar : )) when i want to procrastinate from studying.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Alden is, in general, i think worth the retail price. The styling and quality is better than allen edmonds...

My only complaint is that, due to some big time collaborations (i.e. jcrew) their factory is extremely busy and there have been some QC issues.

I might post a comparison of my C+j's and aldens in this thread in a few weeks ( i have 3 c+j's, two aldens, though i'm looking for moar : )) when i want to procrastinate from studying.

Talk about procrasinating...that's how I end up spending several grands on Shoemart :p During lunch breaks...internet orders....

I do really want to try out a pair of C+J, but I don't know of a local place that sells them. With Aldens, I was able to find several retailers, but they didn't have the shoes I wanted (Indy's). The folks at one of the shop was nice enough to size me properly for them so I can buy online though. And thus started my love for Alden.

king*stink

Reaction score
Im looking to make the purchase of my second pair of Aldens. My first was the indy 403. I'm trying to decide on a captoe boot. I really like Jcrews boot. I just hate that jcrew is behind it. Is the quality with jcrews cordovan #8 boot as questionable as their indy boots? Should I look elsewhere for a captoe boot. I here Alden DC has a really nice Cigar captoe boot but i really hate making a purchase without seeing the shoe first. I really wish i'd find my grail boot, the Tassels hunting boot, but i'll keep dreaming.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the J Crew Indy questionable? (more then just Alden in general anyway?) I don't see anything wrong with their offerings, the cap toes are great boots.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Just a heads up that I've got a pair of size 9 Rider "Hobo" Boots in Tan/Brown Chromexcel that I purchased from Leffot earlier this year. They are made up on crepe soles which I don't love - that's why I'm considering selling. Note that I just noticed any area where a seam has pulled apart inside the shoe (at the heel) - target price is reduced accordingly and item will be sold as is!

Purchased for $620 - looking for $250 plus shipping (using paypal gift).

Any interest? PM for pics, more details. And yes, I know this is an Alden thread - I've got a post in B&S as well (just trying to cover my bases for those of you that have interests that extend ever so slightly beyond Aldens).

HorseHide

Reaction score
Another heads up that I have a pair of Alden black shell cordovan full strap loafers in size 9 1/2 B/D. Worn maybe 5 times - they are just taking up space in my closet.

Available anywhere for around $550 - I'm looking for $275 plus shipping (payable using paypal gift). I have the original shoe bags but I can't find the box.

PM if you have any interest/questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads