1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

I always admired pictures of other people's #8 shell PTB's but kept spending money on "special make-ups" the last few years. After a while I realized that I really had to get a pair for myself. Enjoy these photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WhatAboutBob

WhatAboutBob Senior member

^^

Those are beautiful...

3. granjamo

granjamo Well-Known Member

Miniw: those look great.

4. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

Miniw - So simple and beautiful - I thought they were too plain, then I bought a pair and love them. Very versatile.

5. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Can't decide which one to get:

[​IMG]

What do you guys think? As much as I'd love to, I can't purchase both!

Is your size in stock?

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Miniw - So simple and beautiful - I thought they were too plain, then I bought a pair and love them. Very versatile.

yeah seeing the LHS' nassau blucher and the pic from getsmart wearing his ptb makes me really want one in any make up. i also thought they were too plain but they look amazing

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Story of my life. Went from Nike's and Jordan's to Aldens. Albeit I still buy sneakers, just ones that are of higher quality.

The reason I grew to really like Alden is that overall it fits me. The quality at the price point and the many colors/styles. I would love to have some EG's, but their $1,000 price point is a bit too expensive for my blood at the moment.

About a year back, I bought a pair of AE wing tip from Nordstrom Rack for about $200 (I think). I wore them only a few times and thought the quality was mediocre at best. I feel like they were a waste of money, yet I don't feel the same about Aldens.

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Story of my life. Went from Nike's and Jordan's to Aldens. Albeit I still buy sneakers, just ones that are of higher quality.

The reason I grew to really like Alden is that overall it fits me. The quality at the price point and the many colors/styles. I would love to have some EG's, but their $1,000 price point is a bit too expensive for my blood at the moment.

About a year back, I bought a pair of AE wing tip from Nordstrom Rack for about $200 (I think). I wore them only a few times and thought the quality was mediocre at best. I feel like they were a waste of money, yet I don't feel the same about Aldens.

you just described me, my friend, to the letter. sneakerhead to now alden head. was also not impressed with AE but grabbing for $75 at the rack and being my first "nice" dress shoe it was fine. i had previously only experienced cole haan and kenneth cole during hs & college

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

you just described me, my friend, to the letter. sneakerhead to now alden head. was also not impressed with AE but grabbing for $75 at the rack and being my first "nice" dress shoe it was fine. i had previously only experienced cole haan and kenneth cole during hs & college
    Haha. Likewise! My first dress shoes were Kenneth Cole when they were on sale at Macy's and had a pair of Cole Haan during my last year of undergrad. Square toe Kenneth Cole's too. [​IMG]

10. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

I always admired pictures of other people's #8 shell PTB's but kept spending money on "special make-ups" the last few years. After a while I realized that I really had to get a pair for myself. Enjoy these photos.

MiniW,

Where from? Very nice.

11. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

MiniW,

Where from? Very nice.

they are standard Alden model 990, available at most retailers. I got them online to save on NYC tax.

12. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Is your size in stock?

Yes!

13. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Just got these in today! [​IMG] By ststegall at 2011-02-12[/IMG] [​IMG] By ststegall at 2011-02-12[/IMG]

14. Renton

Renton Senior member

[​IMG]
    By ststegall at 2011-02-12[/IMG]

Where did you find those boots?

15. jfclarky

jfclarky Senior member

They are freakin awesome!!

16. braindrain

braindrain Senior member

Just put in my pre-order for a pair of Roys -- my first Aldens. Super stoked but wait time is going to kill me.

17. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I bought the last pair they had at The Shoe Mart. Epaulet has one pair left in I think an 11.5D. You can pre-order for them at epaulet as well. The boots feel great on my feet but the LWB fill a little big. I just ordered the exact shoe in a half size down and when it gets here i'm going to try them both on side by side. I'll keep the ones that fit the best and send back the others. These are my first Aldens and there is nowhere close for me to try shoes on.

18. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

[​IMG]
    By ststegall at 2011-02-12[/IMG]

pretty good, pretty good

19. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

I bought the last pair they had at The Shoe Mart. Epaulet has one pair left in I think an 11.5D. You can pre-order for them at epaulet as well. The boots feel great on my feet but the LWB fill a little big. I just ordered the exact shoe in a half size down and when it gets here i'm going to try them both on side by side. I'll keep the ones that fit the best and send back the others. These are my first Aldens and there is nowhere close for me to try shoes on.

Excellent acquisitions. Did you get the cigar shell longwings from ShoeMart as well?

20. number9dream

number9dream Senior member

Chromexcel tankers coming next week btw! [​IMG]

Fantastic! And nearly two months ahead of schedule!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.