• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

a joking pic from another forum about the resiliency of cxl.. started as a scrap whilst holding the door for a pretty woman which then escalated into an inscription which then expanded and then finally, after less than a minute with a cheap horsehair as much as I LOATHE CXL for its creasing, I cannot underappreciate the ability to work out scuffs etc since it is so oily..
This is awesome. CXL has always been on equal ground with shell, in my opinion. You cant ignore how easily it shrugs off scuffs and the elements!

docalden2013

Reaction score

Speaking of CXL, I am currently crushing on this, from Frans Boone: Does anyone know of any other PTB or similar offerings in navy CXL, preferably stateside? $600+ is too much for me to justify.
Good luck pursuing this. One caveat springs to mind: as an owner of the blue cxl Greenwich wingtip boot, I have experienced a decent amount of wrinkling. I haven't minded it on the vamp, as one is distracted from it by the wingtip and perforations. However, I could imagine that the cxl wrinkling oils be a bit more pronounced on the plain toe. That said, do I recall correctly that Alden Madison had some blue cxl makeups? Maybe it was leffot with a blue cxl longwing...Sorry, got very little sleep on Valentines night ;)

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which two of these would you sell

Color 8 tanker (Barrie, commando)
Color 8 wingtip boot (Barrie, commando)
Color 8 captoe boot (plaza, commando)
Black captoe boot (Grant, leather)
Black tanker (Barrie, commando)
Cigar captoe boot (Grant, commando)
Cigar chukka (Barrie, leather )

Maybe the #8 wingtip boot and black tanker.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which two of these would you kick out of bed:

Jessica Alba
Kate Upton
Alessandra Ambrosio
Adrianne Palicki
Scarlett Johansson
Lily Aldridge
Adriana Lima

I can't answer yours either...

Not sure, but I do know Scarlett Johansson would be the last to go.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which two of these would you kick out of bed:

Jessica Alba
Kate Upton
Alessandra Ambrosio
Adrianne Palicki
Scarlett Johansson
Lily Aldridge
Adriana Lima

I'd kick them all out to make room for Jennifer Lawrence and her clone.
blush.gif

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which two of these would you kick out of bed:

Jessica Alba
Kate Upton
Alessandra Ambrosio
Adrianne Palicki
Scarlett Johansson
Lily Aldridge
Adriana Lima

Alden shoes are awesome but I'd much rather have this dilemma

Thanks for the responses guys... The question was brought up as I have the color 8 captoes coming next week and I figured I'd try to trim the cordovan boot collection. The issue is that I wear all of the boots described on a regular basis - each has a purpose. The two that overlap the most are the color 8 tankers / cigar captoes (brownish casual boots) and the color 8 wingtips / color 8 captoes (color 8 dress casuals on commando). Of those four the color 8 wingtips would seem the most expendable a but I wear those a ton. The color 8 tankers and cigar captoes are also both untouchable. I'll probably end up selling a couple of shoes instead.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ in all seriousness, the only pair i'd ditch is the cigar chukka, though even that's a pretty sweet boot.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

a joking pic from another forum about the resiliency of cxl..
started as a scrap whilst holding the door for a pretty woman which then escalated into an inscription which then expanded and then finally, after less than a minute with a cheap horsehair as much as I LOATHE CXL for its creasing, I cannot underappreciate the ability to work out scuffs etc since it is so oily..
It looks like these cxl Indy's have a double leather sole. Is it possible to have Alden boots with commandos changed to double leather?

Last edited:

aldenwear

Reaction score

Well then, Alden must be run by lunatics and will go out of business. This practice is absurd, self-defeating and un-enforcable.

If the resellers were successful at reselling the shoes abroad, then the mark-ups were by definition not "significant". If people paid the prices the that resellers were asking, they did so happily and not begrudgingly.

:stirpot:
bakes, if the account of Alden's purported unannounced and informal efforts to stop unauthorized overseas selling are true - and that caveat really tells the story - what alden is doing is far different than rand - spouting yoga pants maker. That ought to be very clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads