1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meso

meso Senior member

Only in this world could a business offer a full refund and still be accused of being unreasonable.

1 person likes this.
  2. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

I think the issue is this: for better or worse, on this Alden makeup, demand is far higher than supply. Thus, leffot (and maybe Alden) does not feel like they need to make a concession on the unit because others will gladly take it as it is. You need to make the return, or keep the shoes. It's your choice, and it sucks, but This Is Alden (TIA).

While I sympathize and believe the shoes are closer to seconds than firsts, the expectation for a discount on these shoes may not be realistic. Should they give your money back? Absolutely. Should they offer you a spot on the next run, whenever it may be placed? Probably. Are you entitled to a discount on this pair or something else? Not necessarily. Could they improve their approach to customer service? Certainly.

Customer service is art, not science. And as an aside, I find the car dealership and restaurant analogies a bit clumsy and misplaced. I'm sorry you're disappointed; if I were in your place, I would be pissed. But your anger should probably be more directed at Alden, who sent these shoes out as firsts. leffot is the middleman after all. Good luck.

3. meowmix1891

meowmix1891 Senior member

Haha I was going to return them even before all this. That initial update was just me posting when I was upset, but I'm over it. The next reply was just me making an attempt to defend myself. I was just venting circleslife, don't hate me lol!

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

There is no list. I had been waiting 2+ years for this boot. Pics went up on Instagram and orders were taken. I have confirmed with Leffot that first come, first serve is the way it is and will be moving forward.

5. SRichard

SRichard Active Member

I have a pair of Indy's in the original brown colour & had planned not treating them with anything as waterproofing & conditioning my 1000 mile boots has darkened the leather significantly & left my brown boots looking black in parts...

It looks as though I'm moving to Portland oregon & given the amount of rain they get there am looking for a way to protect my indy's from getting waterlogged without darkening the leather...can anyone make any recommendations?

thanks

6. sazon

sazon Senior member

Wow, congrats! Gorgeous!

If I had to keep one, I'd chose the Indy as well/

Gents, if you're interested in this boot, please call LS and get on the DREAM LIST. Once they have enough names, they will submit the re-order. Could be a ways away, but I'm keeping hope alive for these !

7. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

+1, haha. The problem is the the OP does not want to give up the boots (and I don't blame him).

8. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

You're welcome

1 person likes this.
  9. Teeka

Teeka Senior member

Start enjoy the black more and more.. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Nice, I'm on vacation ad not checking my work email but I ordered these as well. Happy to know they are in. Ill give them a shout today.

11. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

? They took my name and size for the cigar Indy's. Told me they would give me a shout if they ran them again.

12. thams

thams Senior member

I believe the cigar Indy's were from a pre-order from way back. Just like the Day Trippers, they probably had a few slots open from people who got tired of waiting and dropped out when they posted them on IG. I'm sure those slots filled fast and then they took names of people for whenever they do another run (whenever that might be).

13. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

I know but I think the debate is whether or not they run lists.
    I knew all the slots this time were filled but was assuming they put me on a list for the next run.
    I didn't even call them until 3 weeks after the instagram post.

14. thams

thams Senior member

Oh ok. As far as I know they don't keep lists of any kind. I can't say that with 100% certainty, though.

15. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

These are both awesome. Love the cigar as well even thou its a little darker.

16. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

I really don't know either, I just assumed that is what is was considering I have no idea why they would want my name and shoe size?
    I mean it could be if people were to back out, but that is some ways is still a list.

17. thams

thams Senior member

Yeah, that's true. Who knows what they do with the info they collect then.

18. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Well I think the buyer wants something better than a full return, he wants to keep the boots but also for Leffot to discount them.

19. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

I know I said I was trying to save money but I might not be able to resist this one. I love the contrasting edge/welt and the brass eyelets. It's on the Hampton last which I've never tried before and is listed on the narrow side of the chart. I'm an 8.5D Barrie so I should be safe with a 9D on the Hampton. My only concern is how narrow it is in the toes. The Grant 9D is about as tight as I can go in the toes. Will the Hampton have less toe room than that?

[​IMG]

20. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ That is a very nice model. On my list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.