• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

These are great. I really need a NST boot in shell, are there any in the works?

Not that I know of at the moment. Leffot may have some sizes left from the last run... maybe.

specialk0449

Reaction score
Tifosi, I have those same boots and absolutely love mine too. Are they on the barrie last?

I just picked up another boot that was on my want list.....Cigar Indy.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome looking boots. Whenever I see pics of these it makes me think I made the wrong choice with the #4 WT Boots instead of these.
These are great. I really need a NST boot in shell, are there any in the works?

I would expect Leffot and Context will both have shell NSTs available sometime over the next year or so. Both do very large size runs. Get on their e-mail lists and you should be able to grab one. Leffot does the color 8 / antique, Context does both black and color 8.

Citishoes did a run of color 8 tankers recently as well, check in with them to see if they have your size or are reordering.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Has anyone even been in the Alden factory? I'm just curious. I travel some for work...and when I do, I always try to get some shopping in or visit a factory that makes awesome things. From Louisville Slugger to Jack Daniels to Filson to Allen Edmonds - I usually end up buying something cool and it's made here in America. For Alden, I drove past it, but I didn't even try to stop in. That place is a lot like the Wonka Factory I have a feeling. Pretty nuts considering even Ferrari, if you own one, lets you get inside the factory in Maranello.
No dice. I am about 30 minutes from the plant and no tours are allowed. They say it is due to insurance restrictions. I have dropped off shoes a few times for repair but never further than the front door. I still think they should hire me to run the plant! I have plenty of manufacturing experience...

LaymanX

Reaction score
I've been in on (and also gotten out of) lots of pre-orders and this is all true. For me, in the future I'm only going to put down a deposit or full payment on orders that have already been confirmed by Alden. Otherwise, you may wait years for an order to be confirmed. I wouldn't mind adding my name to a list like that, but I won't pay on it until the order is confirmed. Only possible exception is a $100 deposit with Leather Soul, with the reasons being that A) they have nice unique makeups, B) they will get the shoe made by Alden, even if it takes a while, and C) $100 deposit is not a huge amount of money.

Thanks folks! I put myself on the waiting list for the cigar shell cap toe from Alden DC. No deposit, but also little to no chance of fruition. I think I was 6th or so for my size and they're getting 4 pairs for that size.
ffffuuuu.gif

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yep, and this has been their policy for a while. My pre-order from 2 years ago required a $100 deposit.

Mine too! I need to post some pics soon. I am really happy with the color. It is a bit more of a dark sand than some of the tan suede I have seen, not a lot of yellow to it

coinopcollector

Reaction score
I live in Pa and we got a lot of snow yesterday. After reading here how some of you wear your shell on commando in rain and snow, I got up this morning, put on my shell commando color 8 tankers and prepared to eat breakfast and then battle the elements. Well, I just couldn't do it. I chickened out and put on my Swims Mobster Boots. Oh well, maybe another day.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks folks! I put myself on the waiting list for the cigar shell cap toe from Alden DC. No deposit, but also little to no chance of fruition. I think I was 6th or so for my size and they're getting 4 pairs for that size. :fu:

Do they have a time frame for when they are getting those shoes? Just curious.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Tifosi, I have those same boots and absolutely love mine too. Are they on the barrie last? 

I just picked up another boot that was on my want list.....Cigar Indy. 

Yes, these are on the Barrie.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I noticed Ashland recently had a few color #4 wallets around. I wonder if that means some hides exist...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads