• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

discult

Reaction score
Received my Alden x Leffot Natural Chromexcel Captoes today. Easily the most comfortable pair of Alden boots out of the box I have had the privilege of owning so far. These are my first pair of CXL, anyone have any tips for care?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are my first pair of CXL, anyone have any tips for care?

Care for them the exact same way you would as shell. Little to no product, lots of brushing, and always tree them when they're not on your feet. Good looking boot.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my Alden x Leffot Natural Chromexcel Captoes today. Easily the most comfortable pair of Alden boots out of the box I have had the privilege of owning so far. These are my first pair of CXL, anyone have any tips for care?

dis,
Those are gorgeous!!
You picked a great boot there..
A good example that not everything needs to be shell.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we see the results?
I will absolutely share the results.
I was going to give it 24 hrs, to give everyone a chance to participate.
If the numbers start to dwindle later tonight, maybe I will compile them.

zr0e

Reaction score
Just got back from a trip to CT. Of note, one pair of Cigar NST Shoes size 12D remaining for $450 - give Bob a call if you please. 2038536543

discult

Reaction score

dis,
Those are gorgeous!!
You picked a great boot there.. 
A good example that not everything needs to be shell. 

Thx. I had been hesitant to get another pair of calf after having bought the Indy 405, don't get me wrong, I love the indys, but they are heavy, and that 405 calf took a hell of a break-in. But these CXL on the flex sole are unbelievably light and really comfy, they remind me of my broken-in shell boots on the first day of wear.

tampatravel

Reaction score
Who was the fella on here offering up those awesome tongue holders for the Alden boots?

KWhiteLaw sold me his #8 shell boots and they're clearly defective (kidding of course) because the tongue won't stay in the same place. :D

Kevin I'm kidding of course and the boots are just amazing.

As if you guys didn't know...he's awesome to deal with. (Now go buy his suede Alden chukkas!):D

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ravello couldn't help yesterday at the stick

Beautiful view DV. Sorry Cam and company strolled into town with all of that confidence. Can't believe my Ravens and your Niners are struggling this badly (actually y'all are in decent shape). Time to flip the switch or the play-offs maybe a goal for another year.

Color 8 maybe king but your ravello gunboats are of divine right! Continue to enjoy them and your Niners my friend...

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who was the fella on here offering up those awesome tongue holders for the Alden boots?

KWhiteLaw sold me his #8 shell boots and they're clearly defective (kidding of course) because the tongue won't stay in the same place.
biggrin.gif

Kevin I'm kidding of course and the boots are just amazing.

As if you guys didn't know...he's awesome to deal with. (Now go buy his suede Alden chukkas!)
biggrin.gif

whew, as I started reading I was genuinely concerned they were defective
biggrin.gif
. especially as I never really did much with them and likely wouldnt have noticed

make sure to post some pics once broken in. make me regret selling them
rotflmao.gif

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and yes, someone come grab these chukkas from me. and make me an offer on some crepe soled #8 975s that have maybe two wears on them
colgate.gif

coinopcollector

Reaction score

Called Friday at 4 PM and these arrived today from Pascal at Citi Shoes. Did some breaking in of them today around the office. Can't wait to wear them tomorrow. City shoes offers great service and Pascal even threw in a bottle of Saphir.

To follow up on another poster's recommendation, be sure to ask for the free shoe trees in a size larger then your shoes. I was provided medium trees which are stated to be for size 9 to 10 1/2 but they are too small for all of my shoes which are 10 or 10.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads