• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Hi Tifosi,

I just started breaking in my first pair of raws this week. I went with Pure Blue Japan's xx-013 from Blue in Green. I'm pretty sure we're heading down a dark path, just like with the Alden addiction.

And you guys with the timepieces, absolutely stunning! I feel ever more motivated to get decent pics of my watch, a Breitling crosswind that gets worn either on a stainless bracelet or colored nato straps. Working up the nerve to drop the change on Leffot's shell straps.

Have a good one!

Yea I'm a little worried about the denim thing. Jeans was one of those things I hated spending more than $50 for! Luckily I scored my raw denim from a forum member BNWT for less than $75! They are Club Monaco. I figure it would be a good way to try it out before I spend $180+.

REguy

Reaction score

Got mine today as well. Size 9 (I mistakenly indicated 10 in an earlier post) LWB's in whiskey. Tracking shows it will be here tomorrow.

Ahh, I feel better. I thought I missed a great chance to snag another pair of 10s. Please post some pictures.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yea I'm a little worried about the denim thing. Jeans was one of those things I hated spending more than $50 for! Luckily I scored my raw denim from a forum member BNWT for less than $75! They are Club Monaco. I figure it would be a good way to try it out before I spend $180+.

Just wait, it gets far worse than $180 my friend.

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Cigar LWBs today.

nephew,

looking good in your gunboats

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
9073 From Citishoes with Black Edge. Darker side of the cigar spectrum is typical on this make up from Citi, and appropriately so, IMO. TSM's version has antique edge, as depicted by other poster.

My thoughts on a cigar balmoral. Still very formal. I only expect to wear these with a navy suit. Would not wear to a job interview, ect, where I would instead employ a Black or Color 8 Cap Toe. However, I would wear these cigar cap toes for social occasions where a suit is appropriate. Weddings, Christenings, ect.

If my memory serves me correctly, you already own the 9016, therefore, since you have the basics covered, this would be a nice addition. No doubt it's a niche make-up, rather than a staple.
Thank you very much Bakes, that was very helpful. Yes I do have a pair of the 9016 and thinking on the lines of another cap toe.

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
The 9073 is a nice shoe. It is more formal if the edge is dark brown or black. While I would put it behind captoe bals in color 8 and black shell (or their calf equivalents) on the necessity scale, I would maintain it (or its dark brown calf equivalent) certainly has a place in a well rounded wardrobe. It works with various suit colors - navy, gray, olive, brown, tan. My dark brown captoe bal is calf - from the C&J Handgrade line.
Thanks sevenfoldtieguy! That was very helpful.

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
As requested.

I hope that these pictures help. I really like mine, but they do sit in a weird place on the formality scale.

-Mike
Thanks mdubs! Those pics are very helpful. I agree with you on the point about weird place on the formality scale. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics